Jacare on Mayhem: ‘He is two-faced’

Arguably the most dangerous submission artist competing in the sport today, Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza is still reeling from his middleweight championship bout with Jason “Mayhem” Miller at DREAM 9 on May 26.

The bout was ruled a no-contest after Miller opened a nasty cut on the head of Souza with an inadvertent kick to the head of the downed Jacare.

Jacare made his feelings on Mayhem following the bout quite clear in a recent interview with the Brazilian website Tatame.com.

“At the time of the fight he cried, apologized to his coach, then came toward my corner saying I was an idiot, and also apologized,” explained Souza. “He is proving that he isn’t a person of only one face, he is a two-faced. After the fight gave ‘No Contest’ he cried, apologized to the coaches, and that everyone saw, but I don’t know if everyone saw him getting in my corner calling me an idiot and apologizing too.”

While the bad blood on Jacare’s end will unlikely settle before he has his chance to get Miller in the ring one more time, the Jiu-Jitsu specialist will now be forced on the sidelines while the abrasion on his head is given proper time to heal.

“I trained three months to this clown come and do what he did, now I won’t fight in July, not for a while,” said Jacare. “I’ll take a rest and wait.”

• cocoonofhorror says:

that was far from an “abrasion” LMAO…is it possible the language barrier is responsible for any of this?

• edub says:

I was wondering the same thing about the language barrier.

• 3OAM says:

I was gonna say the same thing…lol

More like a tremendous laceration.

• shhximxhiding says:

I believe that this is definitely a mis-communication. Here is a clip from Millers post fight interview;

“It’s because I’m a fool,” Miller said. “I got too excited. Honestly, it was an accident. I do the same technique in training, where I grab a guy’s leg and kick him as he’s falling, but he was already on the ground. And so, here we are.”

Most likely Miller was telling Jacare that he(Miller) was an idiot, but Jacare misunderstood. MHO.

• Dr.Stoppage says:

Mayhem IS two faced though-
    He’s a clown before the fight ,and a warrior during it.
    His Japanese school girl flanked entrance was awesome.

It’s too bad this happened ,but I’m looking forward to next time.
    I think it favours Mayhem,as now he is in Jacare’s head,forever.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

“Sob… sob… I’m sorry…sob…I’m so sorry…sob…but Jacre is such an idiot…sob…I’m so sorry you had to hear it from me.”
    It sounds like the most likely scenario to me.

• thewaker says:

jacare is just pissed cuz the second time they stopped paused the fight to look at his cut, mayhem said ‘break me now mother f’er’, in response to words they had at weigh in’s. during the staredown, mayhem said ‘not this time’, and jacare said ‘i will break you’. like him or not, thats a cheesy ass thing to say.