All 20 fighters scheduled to compete during Saturday’s UFC 95 event, set to take place at the O2 Arena in London, England, successfully made weight.
The most notable development was Diego Sanchez successfully cutting down to 156 pounds in order to meet the mandate weight requirement for the lightweight division.
Sanchez, who has competed at middleweight and welterweight in the UFC, decided late last year to drop to the UFC’s 155 pound division. His debut in the weight class will take place in the night’s main event against Joe Stevenson, the welterweight winner of the second season of The Ultimate Fighter.
Sanchez’s drop to lightweight was a rapid one, as the season one TUF middleweight winner revealed during a conference call last week that he weighed 194 pounds on Christmas Eve.
Complete weigh-in results are available below…
Televised Main Card –
- Diego Sanchez (156) vs. Joe Stevenson (155)
- Dan Hardy (170) vs. Rory Markham (170)
- Wilson Gouveia (185) vs. Nathan Marquardt (185)
- Demian Maia (184) vs. Chael Sonnen (185)
- Josh Koscheck (170) vs. Paulo Thiago (169)
Non-Televised Preliminary Card –
- Junior dos Santos (239) vs. Stefan Struve (240)
- Brian Cobb (155) vs. Terry Etim (156)
- Paul Kelly (169) vs. Troy Mandaloniz (168)
- Mike Ciesnolevicz (235) vs. Neil Grove (263)
- Evan Dunham (154) vs. Per Eklund (155)