DREAM middleweight champion Gegard Mousasi considering move to heavyweight in addition to light heavyweight

DREAM middleweight champion Gegard Mousasi has said in recent interviews that he is contemplating a move to light heavyweight. In a recent video interview conducted in Los Angeles during the pre-fight press conference for Affliction and M-1’sDay of Reckoning,” Mousasi not only reaffirmed his interest in moving to light heavyweight but informed FiveOuncesOfPain.com that a move to heavyweight is not out of the question.

Mousasi’s full statement about plans to move up in weight along with a possible move to boxing can be viewed below:

• Patrick says:

What can you say? The man enjoys eating pies and hates cutting weight. Heavyweight it is!

• BigDave says:

He will get smashed at HW thats just a fact.

• kidneybeans says:

I love this guy but I wish he would just pick one weight class in one sport and stick to it. I think he could be great if he would stop jumping around.

• rob says:

yeah I agree – I think Mousasi would do well at LHW, but (god and I hate to steal a UFC line) but this is the era of the super-heavyweight the 240+lb heavyweight……stay at 205 if you’re moving up.

• Juelz says:

I don’t understand why he wants to go up to 230 really. Is it beacause he just wants to be bigger or something? i think he could possibly jump between MW and LHW like henderson maybe. There is still a few fights out there for him in the MW division, Belfort is after his last fight someone i would want to see against him.

• Brandon says:

Maybe he wants lesser competition at HW?

Personally I think he should just stick to 185 or 205… he doesn’t have the size to compete with the Antonio Silva and Overeem…