Affliction: Day of Reckoning LIVE coverage and Results

Join us in the FIVEOUNCESOFPAIN.COM chat room for live coverage and discussion of tonights event.

The live undercard starts at 7p.m. and can be viewed on HDNet

The main card is available on pay-per-view.

QUICK RESULTS

Fedor Emelianenko def. Andrei Arlovski via KO (punch) ~ Round 1~ 3:14
Josh Barnett def. Gilbert Yvel via submission (strikes) ~ Round 3~3:05
Vitor Belfort def. Matt Lindland via KO (punches) ~ Round 1~0:37
Renato Sobral def. Rameau Thierry Sookoudjou via submission (D’arce choke) ~ Round 2~ 2:36
Paul Buentello def. Kiril Sidelnikov via TKO (doctor’s stoppage due to cuts) ~ Round 3~4:18
Dan Lauzon def. Bobby Green via submission (rear-naked choke)~ Round 1~4:55
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira def. Vladimir Matyushenko via TKO (strikes) ~Round 2~4:26
L.C. Davis def. Bao Quach via unanimous decision
Albert Rios def. Antonio Duarte via unanimous decision
Brett Cooper def. Patrick Speight via TKO (punches) ~ Round 1~4:10

• HexRei says:

To clarify, that’s 7pm EST. 4PM for us leftcoasters :)

• nuckster says:

Omg Tito’s commentary sucks as bad as his last 2 years worth of fights.

• Tom Hodgson says:

Tito needs to be shot. Sweet god he’s ruining the broadcast single-handedly.

• JOe K. says:

Tito wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought.

What a great card though!

• Biggmoney21 says:

I’m not sure who was funnier, Tito or the comedy stylings of Scott Farrell and Chuck Zito.

• glock says:

good card and production. liked being able to see pre lims on HDnet. nice cameo Sam btw.

I guess Fedor answered a few questions, can’t wait to here Dana’s rants.

i think Greene got a raw deal from an actor. I saw 1 low blow that could or might, necessitate a 5 min stop.
    I saw 2 that were close enough to acknowledge and wag a finger about, but that’s all.
    deducting 2 points was wrong.

going 2 bed………..

• Dox says:

Good from start to finish…I look forward to more!!

• Joey says:

Titos commentary ok, Titos invterviews horrible

• HexRei says:

FEDOR IS A MONSTER

• alkatraz says:

this card was off the charts.one of the best cards i have seen in a long while.better than any ufc card in a while.

• themindone says:

I was there man,,

floor seats! it was awesome.

great fights.. fedor is a another category of human.. mentally.. his balance and sambo was amazing when andre tried to throw him , fedor was already off balance and probably would have dominated a ground game but fought him off , stayed on his feat, counter punched an knocked arlovski to another dimension..
    it was a good show for the fan,, i didn’t miss the loud heavy metal music from the first affliction.. the ufc is also damn loud, more then most rock concerts they should turn it down.. the affliction show was on par with any ufc event i think.,. the first real challager even more so then pride, the ifl etc.. vitor looked amazing, i’d like too see him v rashad evans and back in the ufc.. affliction has at least one more great match up w/ fedor v barnett but they need to get some other heavyweights or.. fedor needs to fight in the ufc or some cross promotion.. but in closing amazing.. great fights.. fedor is an all time warrior great ..

• nate says:

WOW!

WOW!

I loved this card. Fedor is the new Chuck Norris… invincible.

• alex says:

“fee-door” was great. I really enjoyed watching the show. Tito was descent but i am guessing he was really nervous so I will let it slide. The need to do better time management since I was really looking forward to the jay heiron and jason high fight. I didnt realize they would fight after the main card. I really hope things work out and affliction stays around but geez I wonder how much truth there is to larry merchants comments, ‘the t-shirt guy paid De LaHoya 5Mil to be there in person’. UFC needs a legit compeditior, it forces them to put on good shows, and overall there is more quality fights to be seen as a fan with Strikeforce, Affliction, and UFC competing for our attention. I am excited and will get to see my first MMA fight live at WEC 39.

• benkordus says:

Hey dana,

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yours,

benji

• Jordan says:

i want to see if freddie roach is gonna say anything after all the stuff he said about andrei and how he was gonna knock fedor out and andrei wound up face first in the mat….i really hope barnett will beat fedor i really dont like fedor but i dont see any heavyweight beating him anytime soon

• Cathedron says:

I dunno. Far be it from me to question Fedor’s gameplan, but I’m surprised he stood and traded with Arlovski. It looked like Fedor was losing that round until the sudden KO. Outstanding boxing doesn’t always matter in MMA (especially when your opponent has an iron jaw and sledgehammers for fists). Can’t wait to see what Fedor does to Barnett.

As for the show itself: Affliction is definitely on par with the UFC. Tito was OK considering it was his first time as a full blown color commentator. The only thing that I hate is the ropes. Any combat sport that allows grappling should be in a cage.

• Makea says:

Showtime did an excellent job with the television production; a shocker considering how they handled the EliteXC events. They were even able to incorporate the Affliction themed graphics in the presentation without looking corny like the first show.

It had the feel of a big time boxing event, much different and comparable than the UFC television production.

I was initially disappointed that Trigg and Glazer weren’t back commentating, but the new guys did a really good and better job. Tito was pretty good, but he seemed a little too excited to be there.

The absence of a high priced ring announcer and rock band weren’t missed and hopefully is a sign that Affliction is serious about cutting back on extravagant extras.

The match making was great, all the fights were well matched with no decisions in sight. Well worth the $45.

• King James says:

Barnett will destroy Fedor!!! And its long overdue.

• Charlie says:

his name is bobby green, not josh green

• bady says:

VERY LUCKY RIGHT HAND FROM FEDOR..
    RESPECT FOR FEDOR EMILIANENKO BUT ARLOVSKI IS THE BEST*

• Warren says:

I can’t believe Arlovski went in for that flying knee and got caught. He had it in the bag. He had Fedor rattled several times.
    All he had to do was stay back and keep landing that right hand, but no…. He rushed in paid the price for his over eagerness.

On another note.
    Fedor should drop down to 205. He could easily make the cut, he looked terribly over weight and slow in there. I reckon he’d be quicker and he’d get access to more readily opponents.

• Joseph says:

Well worth the $45!

Great Event! Order the HD PPV to get the full glory of the event if you weren’t there live.

• MR ROZE says:

Are they going to air this on SHOWTIME in a few weeks like they do with boxing ppv shows?

• Chad says:

I think the Pay Per View production was alright but definitely room for improvement. I however thought the fight card was put together great and all the fighters really stepped up. I think and hope they really do have enough in the bank to keep putting together some solid shows. They already have a couple match ups that I would want to see next time. Fedor vs Barnett. Arlovski vs Sylvia. I know that Fedor put a beatdown on Sylvia quickly but I think both of these guys may do well if they got a crack at Fedor again. I also think Fedor will put an end to Barnett pretty quick. The comment that the heavyweight division is weak is crazy. They have Sylvia, Rothwell and even Roy Nelson that add to card. They are all first class heavyweights as well. I am more and more paying attention to affliction. Keep it going. I still am fan of UFC also. There is room for both.

• CMT says:

I am so glad Mama Boucher invented Tivo/DVR. Without her awesome invention, I would not have been able to watch Affliction and Tivo UFC 91. Two for the price of one. Great card. Thanks Mama!!

• Dr.Stoppage says:

Damn,that Sam Caplan is one handsome bastard.

• Dr.Stoppage says:

Especially in hi def!

• Rhyno42o says:

Fedors the best no matter how good andreis standup was,he was patient and BOOM, KO!barnetts next in line..ohand btw tito wasTRYING to be like joe rogan too much

• Mr.PIBB says:

was Sam on the HDNet show or the PPV show? all i saw was the PPV and i didnt see him there.