twitter google

Palaszewski vs. Crunkilton to determine new number one contender for WEC lightweight title

A reported lightweight matchup between Bart Palaszewski and Richard Crunkilton to take place at WEC 39 on March 1 will apparently determine the new number one contender for the WEC lightweight title.

The news is according to a report by MMAjunkie.com.

If the matchup between Palaszewski vs. Crunklinton is made official, the winner is expected to challenge the winner of this Sunday’s WEC lightweight title match between incumbent Jamie Varner and challenger Donald Cerrone.

Crunkilton is 16-2 and previously competed for the WEC lightweight title at WEC 30 in September of 2007. Facing then-champion “Razor” Rob McCullugh, Crunkilton lost via TKO at 1:29 of round 1. Since the defeat, he has fought just one, besting Sergio Gomez via unanimous decision at WEC 33 in March of last year.

Palaszewski trains under current WEC bantamweight title contender Jeff Curran and is a former standout with the now-defunct International Fight League. Making his WEC debut at WEC 37 in December, Palaszewski improved to 30-11 overall with a second round TKO over Alex Karalexis.

4 COMMENTS
  • portland mma says:

    I just wanna see Curran get whats coming to him from Miguel Torres.

  • TK says:

    Will be an interesting watch…. to see who Varner will be facing next…..

  • CubanLinx says:

    this would make for an exciting fight.

    Barts a really solid addition to WECs roster.

  • Bullylover says:

    I hope Bart takes this one, the only thing is i’d love to see bartemis fight Varner but i don’t want Varner to win the Cerrone fight. Guess you cant get everything you want in life. Etheir way this is going to be a battle. Hopefully for Crunkilton he does’t come out trying to strike with Bartemis like he did with Rob. If he does it’s goig to be a short night for him.Bartemis br TKO rd1.

LEAVE A COMMENT!

You must be logged in to post a comment.