UFC 92 Salaries: Rampage heads list with $385,000 in take home pay

The Nevada State Athletic Commission released official salary figures from this past Saturday’s UFC 92 event on Monday. According to records obtained by FiveOuncesOfPain.com, the UFC spent a total of $1,381,000 in documented fighter salary for the event.

The highest paid athlete on the show was former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, who earned a total of $385,000 for his first round knockout victory over former PRIDE middleweight champion Wanderlei Silva .

According to the NSAC documents, Jackson received a guaranteed purse of $225,000 plus an additional $100,000 in the form of a win bonus. The UFC also announced after the event that Jackson received an additional $60,000 “Fight Night” bonus after having earned the promotion’s “Knockout of the Night” award.

Despite losing, Silva still earned $200,000 for the effort. In an interesting development, the NSAC records indicate that Silva would not have earned any additional money in the form of a win bonus had he defeated Jackson.

New interim heavyweight champion Frank Mir received a total of $90,000 for his second round TKO over Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. Mir’s guarantee for the fight was $45,000 with an additional $45,000 in compensation coming in the form of a win bonus. Nogueira received $250,000 and would had earned an additional $150,000 had he won.

New UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans earned a total of $190,000 for his third round TKO over Forrest Griffin. Evans’ guaranteed purse was $65,000 with an additional $65,000 being paid to him as a win bonus. The UFC also awarded him an additional $60,000 “Fight Night” bonus to him as a reward for taking part in the “Fight of the Night.”

Griffin received a guaranteed purse of $150,000 and lost out on an additional $100,000 that would have been paid out as a win bonus. However, like Evans, he also received an additional $60,000 for having been a part of the “Fight of the Night.”

Complete salary figures are listed below, but it first must be noted that the figures do not include undisclosed locker room bonuses, compensation paid through sponsorships, and any other financial remuneration that is not a matter of public record:

1. Quinton Jackson: $385,000 ($225,000 to show; $100,000 to win; and $60,000 “Fight Night” bonus)
  2. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira: $250,000 (would have earned an additional $150,000 had he won)
  3. Forrest Griffin: $210,000 ($150,000 to show and $60,000 “Fight Night” bonus; would have earned an additional $100,000 had he won)
  4. Wanderlei Silva: $200,000 (no win bonus)
  5. Rashad Evans: $190,000 ($65,000 to show; $65,000 to win; and $60,000 “Fight Night” bonus)
  6. Frank Mir: $90,000 ($45,000 to show and $45,000 to win)
  7. Cheick Kongo: $90,000 ($45,000 to show and $45,000 to win)
  8. Yushin Okami: $32,000 ($16,000 to show and $16,000 to win)
  9. Antoni Hardonk: $28,000 ($14,000 to show and $14,000 to win)
  10. Matt Hamill: $20,000 ($10,000 to show and $10,000 to win)
  11. Clarence Dollaway: $20,000 ($10,000 to show and $10,000 to win)
  12. Dean Lister: $19,000 (would have earned an additional $19,000 had he won)
  13. Ryo Chonan: $18,000 (would have earned an additional $18,000 had he won)
  14. Reese Andy: $15,000 (would have earned an additional $15,000 had he won)
  15. Brad Blackburn: $14,000 ($7,000 to show and $7,000 to win)
  16. Patrick Barry: $10,000 ($5,000 to show and $5,000 to win)
  17. Mostapha Al-Turk: $7,000 (would have earned an additional $7,000 had he won)
  18. Mike Massenzio: $5,000 (would have earned an additional $5,000 had he won)
  19. Dan Evensen: $4,000 (would have earned an additional $4,000 had he won)
  20. Mike Wessel: $4,000 (would have earned an additional $4,000 had he won)
  • Guy Gaduois says:

If you add the bail money to that total, Rampage had a very, very good year for a felon.

• Robert says:

Al-Turk 7,000 dollars for a broken jaw, two broken cheek bones, a broken orbital bone, and a huge laceration on his head. You think maybe Mazzagati should have stopped this fight maybe 10 seconds sooner. I mean did he really think Al-Turk was intelligently defending himself?

• dante says:

Yea good ole Steve was letting them go a little too long all night IIRC.

• Immak? says:

Thanks for the info, it’s always interesting to see what exactly these guys are pulling out at the end of the night.

Just a quick note though; unless I misunderstood something, I think you’ve bumped up Forrest Griffin’s pay by about 5k more than it should be.

• KTru says:

Mazzagatti has had issues in the past for stopping to soon, so I am sure is a little gun shy. Al-Turk will never be heard from again in the UFC so it will not take long to forget how shafted he was.

• jarum says:

We really need Big John back in the cage. These fighters are going to get killed with the current crop of refs that are assigned to “protect” the fighters. Big John had no problem knocking over a fighter if it meant protecting a downed fighter from further punishment. Get it together UFC and train your refs more comprehensively or you won’t have any more fighters available to compete!

• Drew says:

Robert source for the injuries or GTFO! I dont believe for one second that Al-Turk was injured to that extent.

• brett says:

i think were all missing the real point of this artical:
    Clarence Dollaway

HAHAHAHAHA

• Stan the Caddy says:

Mazzagatti is damned if he does or damned if he doesn’t. He is the one in the cage who can actually see into a fighters eyes and determine if they are able to defend themselves. All the keyboard cadets watching on their computer screens really have no clue.

Nice to see Nogueira making some bank. For all the entertainment he’s delivered over the years, he certainly deserves it and probably more.

• G-DUB says:

As a former heavyweight champion, Mir’s payscale is shockingly low. Guaranteed only one-fifth the $$$ Nogueira was with the potential of only taking home one-eleventh of what Nogueira made (had he lost). Wonder if they’ll rework his contract now that he’s “the champ”.

• Robert says:

Drew you think I’m making that up? Where do you get the balls to even post that. You know if you would’ve just posted something like where can i read about Al-Turk I didn’t think it was that bad. I’d tell you where I saw it but now if you want a source go GTFO and find one yourself.

• DamonO says:

G-DUB I am sure that when they renew his contract his pay will go up.

• DamonO says:

Yea, I can’t find the “Mustapha al Turk injuries) source either and I consider myself a Google genius.

• Woody says:

Robert you need to stop making things up. Without a source to verify anything, it is useless. How about you GTFO of this forum.

• hambone76 says:

I would also like to know about Al-Turk. Source please. I cannot find this info.

• Ron Burgundy says:

Hey Dr. Robert, where did you see Al-Turk’s injuries reported?

• Robert says:

Honestly, I can’t tell you where I read about Al-Turk’s injuries because I forgot what site it was where I saw it, but I did read it someone I’m not making it up. When the medical suspensions come out for the fighters I’m sure Al-Turk will be receiving a lengthy one and the injuries he sustained will be revealed.

• chris says:

im not sure i believe he was that injured i like that you conveniently forgot your source. also if agreed to the pay i mean some people forget that the fighters agree to the pay its not like its a surprise to them. they also know there’s a good chance they can get injured after all it is a fight. i wish they would pay a little better start a health program for them and what not. but either way the fighters know what’s up and choose to fight anyways.

• Robert says:

I didn’t conveniently forget anything. If I knew people were going to think someone would make that shit up I would’ve stated exactly where I saw it. From now on I know better and I wasn’t complaining about Al-Turk’s pay. I was trying to make a point that I thought Mazzagati was late to jump in and stop the fight.

• pace says:

ufc tends to take care of medical costs for fighters injured during one of their events, don’t know the source, but it was brought up by tito since they woundn’t pay for his surgery since he didn’t re-sign, so if al turk needs 3 toes reattached he should be good to go

• Guy Gaduois says:

Is your name Michael Diamond?
    No, my name is Clarence.

Thank you Beastie Boys, and thank you Mr and Mrs Dollaway.

• Stan the Caddy says:

Mostapha Al Turk – suspended until June 27 due to broken nose (can be cleared early by orthopedic doctor); minimum suspension until Feb. 27 with no contact until Feb. 12 due to lacerations over left eye and on top of head

Great job on exaggerating his injuries Robert…. What a surprise that you couldn’t remember your source.

• Drew says:

Robert I challenged you because I didnt believe you and your lack of a source just solidifies my belief.

• Drew says:

Sounds a bit more accurate Stan, thanks.

• Robert says:

Since my comment about Al-Turk’s injuries were not accurate. If it’ll make you people happy just line me up in front of a firing squad and have me shot!

• JJ Docker says:

We don’t want to shoot you mate, well not really anyway, we just don’t want you lying on this website.

• aguilar says:

they pay mir alot more dan 90k
    he was a former ufc champ(and currently holds half the title) and gets payd the same as congo

• slap yo mammy says:

Clarence Dollaway up in this bitch

• Bob B says:

The paltry salaries paid to these fighters is a f**king disgrace. Dana White should get his nose out of his bank book and spend some money the cheap pri*k!

• aguilar says: