The UFC held weigh-ins for Saturday’s live finale for the eighth season of The Ultimate Fighter on Friday afternoon inside of the Palms Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
All but one of the 20 fighters scheduled to compete on Saturday made weight, with Wilson Gouveia weighing in four pounds over the mandated middleweight limit of 185 pounds. Gouveia is set to face Jason MacDonald in one of five bouts slated to be televised on Spike TV. The former light heavyweight competitor will have up to two hours to make weight.
Full results from Friday’s weigh-ins are as follows…
- Lightweight: John Polakowski (152 lbs.) vs. Rolando Delgado (155 lbs.)
- Lightweight: George Roop (153 lbs.) vs. Shane Nelson (156 lbs.)
- Light Heavyweight: Tom Lawlor (204 lbs.) vs. Kyle Kingsbury (205 lbs.)
- Light Heavyweight: Jules Bruchez (205 lbs.) vs. Eliot Marshall (203 lbs.)
- Light Heavyweight: Shane Pirmm (202 lbs.) vs. Krzysztof Soszynski (205 lbs.)
- Lightweight: Dave Kaplan (156 lbs.) vs. Junie Browning (156 lbs.)
- Middleweight: *Wilson Gouveia (189 lbs.) vs. Jason MacDonald (184 lbs.)
- Welterweight: Anthony Johnson (171 lbs.) vs. Kevin Burns (171 lbs.)
- Light Heavyweight: Vinicius Magalhaes (205 lbs.) vs. Ryan Bader (205 lbs.)
- Lightweight: Phillipe Nover (155 lbs.) vs. Efrain Escudero (156 lbs.)
The Nevada State Athletic Commission did not allow Gouveia to cut any additional weight over health concerns. His fight vs. MacDonald will go on as scheduled, however, it has been changed to a catchweight of 189 pounds. Gouveia will be forced to sacrifice 20 percent of his purse to MacDonald. Gouveia’s failure to make weight also comes at a time when the UFC is looking to make cutbacks to its roster.