Former EliteXC title contender Scott Smith continued to shown signs of improvement during a 24 second knockout against former UFC competitor Terry Martin during the main event of Strikeforce’s “Destruction” on Friday night.
Additionally, Renato “Babalu” Sobral, another former UFC competitor, was victorious during the night’s co-main event. Facing season one veteran from The Ultimate Fighter, Bobby Southworth, Sobral became the new Strikeforce light heavyweight champion after being declared the winner via TKO following a stoppage after the first round due to a cut.
The night’s action also saw Kim Couture, the wife of former UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture, earn her first professional victory with a first round TKO against Lina Kvokov.
Entire results for the event are as follows:
- Bobby Stack def. Cyrillo Padilha via unanimous decision
- Eric Lawsen def. Tony Johnson via submission (rear naked choke) at 1:28 of round 1
- Kurt Osiander def. Josh Neal via TKO (punches) at 2:16 of round 1
- Brian Schwartz def. Lamont Davis via TKO (punches) at 2:22 of round 3
- Scott Smith def. Terry Martin via TKO (strikes) at 0:24 of round 1
- Renato “Babalu” Sobral def. Bobby Southworth via TKO (cut) at 5:00 of round 1
- Duane Ludwig def. Yves Edwards via unanimous decision
- Kim Couture def. Lina Kvokov via TKO (strikes) at 1:44 round 1
- Joe Riggs def. Luke Stewart via TKO (strikes) at 2:05 of round 2
- Luke Rockhold def. Nik Theotikos via submission (rear naked choke) at 3:06 of round 1
- Darren Uyenoyama def. Brad Royster via unanimous decision
- Alvin Cacdac def. Jose Palacios via submission (rear naked choke) at 3:10 of round 2
- Zakary Bucia def. Adam Steele via submission (guillotine choke) at 0:35 of round 1