Urijah Faber vs. Jose Aldo possible for January

Coming off his upset loss at WEC 36 to Mike Brown, former featherweight champion Urijah Faber must now decide what to do next.

Faber already has a plan in mind. It clearly includes another match-up with Brown.

“Definitely, there will be a rematch,” said Faber.

Unfortunately, Faber may have to wait a while before getting his chance to regain the title. Brown suffered a rib injury in the first fight, and Brown was clearly grimacing as he left the cage.

As a result, Faber is getting ready for the interim fight.

“I’ve heard January 25th as a tentative date. It is to be announced as to where it will be, but I think it could be San Diego.”

When asked about a potential opponent, Faber was quick to answer with another WEC fighter.

“Possibly Jose Aldo,” said Faber.

• steve says:

great news

• armingo says:

He needs to move up in weight and move over to ufc

• woooburn says:

leonard garcia might not be too happy about that.

• nuge says:

with mike brown sidelined 4-6 monthes the only fight that makes sense is faber vs. garcia. i don’t understand why the wec doesn’t want to make that fight happen.

• jimbo says:

I think faber is just to short to move up to 155 he is listed at 5ft5in but he is more like 5ft 4in. Dont get me wrong im a fan but he would just give up too much height and reach in my opinion.

• Mike Wolfe says:

Faber is a great athlete and lots of fun to watch, but I don’t think he could stand with larger 155 lb fighters like Penn, Florian, Maynard, etc. He’d give up too much size and reach. He’s already lost to Tyson Griffin.

• THORAZINE says:

I’m from Sacramento so I know something about Faber, he walks around at 152 lbs or so, he’d be a tough but small UFC 155lbr. Faber could make 135 lbs with some effort and extra incentive. Faber is really decent a size 145lbr. I think he should fight Garcia next.