UFC 91 salary figures for Randy Couture and Brock Lesnar released early

The salary schedule for both competitors involved in tonight’s UFC 91 main event have been made available to the general public. Typically such information does not become available until after a fight card is completed, however, Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer has revealed to the Los Angeles Times that both Randy Couture and Brock Lesnar are guaranteed $250,000 each. Additionally, Couture is to be paid $250,000 if he wins with Lesnar set to receive $200,000 should he be victorious.

It is important to note that both Couture and Lesnar stand to earn substantially more for their efforts in tonight’s fight. Both Couture and Lesnar will be eligible to win fight night bonuses such as cash rewards for “Fight of the Night,” “Knockout of the Night,” and “Submission of the Night.” Based on UFC president Dana White’s stated projection of 1.2 million pay-per-view buys, the promotion could give a record total in fight night bonuses.

Also, while not confirmed, based on past contract provisions, both Couture and Lesnar are expected to receive a percentage of PPV revenue generated from tonight’s fight. When it’s all said and done, both Couture and Lesnar are expected to make seven figures a piece from UFC 91.

• dpk says:

I remember seeing something when this fight was announced, that said Randy could make around $3 million based on his percentage of the PPV cut.

• warmingo says:

1.2 million X 45 bucks = 46 million. Gate of 4.8 million = 51 million base salary and win/ fight of the night are no more than 2 million and we will say 2.8 million to promote and put it on. Nice profit for Zuffa

• dante says:

I dunno about you guys but I buy the HD broadcast which is 55$. So that’s even Mo` Money!

• ed says:

Guys, The cable company “On Demand” gets a large part of the profit too, I believe roughfly half. Also bars and such pay for closed circuit rights to carry the events. So while no one is losing money after taxes the UFC probably makes around 12-million or so. Minus around 3 million for fighters salaries they are left a profit of around 9 million or so.

• dice says:

Ed, you are right that the UFC only gets half of the PPV revenue; but there a few other ways they make money other than ticket and PPV sales.

They also have merchandising and sponsorship money coming in from the event. Plus they will eventually get to sell(rent) this event on DVD.

All told they are probably walking away with more than “9 million or so”. And I actually disagree with the rough revenue numbers of warmingo (PPV sales aren’t going to be 1.2 million, thats Danaspeak, which you should know by now not to listen to).

Still amazes me that the top MMA fighters in the UFC still can make less than high end boxing trainers.

• Marcy Solazzo-Marks says:

I think Dana White is extremely greedy. When you have fighters that a woman will watch like Randy Couture, The Ice Man, Matt Hughes, and the once school teacher they are the ones that brought woman into watching. I think they are the ones that should be taken care of financially. When I saw that Randy Couture and Lesnar got the same salary @ 44.95 just to watch this Zuffa is really making out. I will no longer be watching unless Dana White decides to bring down the price due to the economy and watchers like myself and my husband. That would be a nice thing for the UFC and the public who supported this sport for a long time.