Finalized WEC 36 Fight Card

The fight card for the previously postponed “WEC 36: Brown vs. Faber,” event originally scheduled for Sept. 10 has been finalized. The event takes place at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Fla., and will air live on Versus on November 5, 2008.

The card had been confirmed by the WEC, and will feature a main event bout between WEC featherweight champion Urijah Faber and challenger Mike Brown and a middleweight championship fight between Paulo Filho vs. Chael Sonnen. Leonard Garcia and Jens Pulver are scheduled for featherweight action as well.

For those without Versus, we invite you to our LIVE PLAY BY PLAY of WEC 36

MAIN CARD

* Champ Urijah Faber vs. Mike Brown (for featherweight title)

* Champ Paulo Filho vs. Chael Sonnen (for middleweight title)

* Leonard Garcia vs. Jens Pulver

* Nissen Osterneck vs. Jake Rosholt

* Donald Cerrone vs. Rob McCullough

PRELIMINARY CARD

* David Avellan vs. Aaron Simpson

* Jose Aldo vs. Jonathan Brookins

* Steve Steinbeiss vs. Alex Schoenauer

* Danny Castillo vs. Ed Ratcliff

* Yoshiro Maeda vs. Rani Yayha

• mike says:

i dont get that yoshiro just had a title shot and now hes the first fight and doenst even get n e air time?

• JollyDV says:

I was thinking the exact same thing. That fight was one of my favorite fights so far this year. Maeda, though he didn’t win was awesome. I became a huge fan of his after that performance. I hope that it will be aired, but with 2 five round title fights on the main card it will depend on how many rounds they go as well as if Maeda’s fight is a quick one or a 3 round decision fight.

I love the WEC fights and am looking forward to this card.

• Sergio Hernandez says:

WEC makes my heart skip a beat.

• Sergio Hernandez says:

WEC makes my heart skip a beat.

• JOe K. says:

JollyDV I couldn’t agree with you more. That Maeda fight was my favorite fight of the year. I hope this one gets air time.

• Shatner says:

Who cares about the Filho vs. Sonnen match the division is dead after the fight,and this rematch has been talked about for months!

• Big Eddie says:

I wouldnt be surprised if Maeda vs Yahya was fight of the night. That one needs to be on the air!

• Sonny says:

If Maeda is as exciting as he was against Miguel Torres, it should a damn good fight.

Nice to see Jens in there, as well, I love that dude.

I just hope Rob McC doesn’t phone it in again.