The UFC conducted their weigh-ins for tomorrow’s UFC 90 event at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Ill. earlier this afternoon at the Chicago Theater.
Both main event participants not only made weight, but weighed in under the required middleweight limit of 185 pounds. UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva weighed in at 184 pounds while challenger Patrick Cote tipped the scales at 183 pounds.
Aside from Silva and Cote, all other fighters made weight with one exception. Welterweight Josh Burkman came in two pounds over the required welterweight limit of 171 pounds in anticipation of his match vs. Pete Sell during the non-televised opener of tomorrow’s show.
As of press time, the Burkman vs. Sell match was still on the schedule as Burkman was given an additional 60 minutes to lose the two pounds before weighing in a second time.
Complete results from the UFC 90 weigh-ins are as follows (note: there is a one pound allowance in Illinois for all non-title fights):
- Welterweight (170) – Josh Burkman: 173 pounds vs. Pete Sell: 170 pounds
- Lightweight (155) – Marcus Aurelio: 156 pounds vs. Hermes Franca: 156 pounds
- Middleweight (185) – Matt Horwich: 186 pounds vs. Dan Miller: 185 pounds
- LW – Shannon Gugerty: 156 pounds vs. Spencer Fisher: 155 pounds
- MW – Drew McFedries: 186 pounds vs. Thales Leites: 186 pounds
- LW – Gray Maynard: 155 pounds vs. Rich Clementi: 156 pounds
- LW – Tyson Griffin: 155 pounds vs. Sean Sherk: 156 pounds
- Heavyweight (205-265) – Junior dos Santos: 234 pounds vs. Fabricio Werdum: 256 pounds
- WW – Josh Koscheck: 170 pounds vs. Thiago Alves: 171 pounds
- MW – Patrick Cote: 183 pounds vs. Anderson Silva: 184 pounds