Gina Carano and Cyborg Santos doing damage at EliteXC Heat (pics)

Below are pictures from EliteXC Heat that took place this past Saturday at BankAtlantic Center in Fort Lauderdale, FL.  Gina Carano and Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos each displayed power, finesse, submission technique, and overall put on a hell of an entertaining bout against their respective opponents.  With each of these top female fighters winning at EliteXC Heat by Unanimous Decision, a future match-up between Carano and Santos is inevitable.  Once again, the ladies stole the show, as displayed in detail by the images below…

Gina Carano vs. Kelly Kobold

Cris Santos vs. Yoko Takahashi

Gina Carano vs. Kelly Kobold

Cris Santos vs. Yoko Takahashi

Gina Carano vs. Kelly Kobold

Cris Santos vs. Yoko Takahashi

Gina Carano vs. Kelly Kobold

Cris Santos vs. Yoko Takahashi

Photos: Esther Lin/Combatlifestyle.com

• hindsightufuk says:

would love tosee these 2 square off
    should be for a title as well

• Robert says:

I can’t wait to see this fight I would give a slight edge to Gina and i know I’m asking to much but hope they would be fighting for a title and it would be 5 minute rounds.

• HexRei says:

Although I love Gina and I think she is one of the better female fighters out there, Cyborg is another level. She will beat Gina badly if and when they meet.

• jim smith says:

Cybord is a dude. enough said

• HexRei says:

douglas evans kinda looks like a girl.

• Robert says:

I think you people are overrating Cris Cyborg a little no way does she beat Gina badly she may win but it’s a toss up fight she might be stronger then Gina, but Gina is a bigger girl and her striking is more technically sound than Cyborg’s.Cris gets a little wild with her strikes at times.

• KTru says:

Cyborg will beat Gina right now……Give Gina more training, her work ethic with her will could beat Cyborg in the future…..but as of now….nope

As I need to note:
    Do not take my opinions and statements seriously

• Rich S. says:

gratz to Gina..
    once again almost everyone doubted her and once again she makes her opponent look like a child..

She can take Cyborg, i think..
    she just has to find a way to slow her down..

• HexRei says:

Robert the size difference will be negligible. Gina looks tall next to Kobold who is two inches shorter but Cyborg will be the same height. Gina make look a little bulkier because she carries more bodyfat, but that’s just because Cyborg is all muscle.

When I say beat her badly, I don’t mean Penn vs Caul Uno 1 bad, I mean she will dominate the fight and we are going to see the beautiful Carano looking not so beautiful. Nine minutes isn’t long to finish though and I think Gina is good enough to defend most of Cris’ finishes, so we’ll probably see a decision.

I’d love it if they made that fight a title fight for the EXC women’s 140 lb title.

• JollyDV says:

I think it would be a great fight. I personally would love to watch it. I am leaning toward Cyborg on this one. She moves so much faster than Gina. Gina may have the more technical striking, but if Cyborg can come in there and set the pace, it negates it. Kinda like Clay Guida did the other week.

Question, if there is a title fight in the women’s division is it 5 rounds, three minute rounds and who mandated only 3 minute rounds for women and why?

• Rich S. says:

the 3 minute rounds are pretty ridiculous..
    there was a point in EACH round where Gina could’ve finished Kobold, but was unable to due to time.. ESPECIALLY THE THIRD! i mean those kicks to the body and eventually the head were brutal.. just imagine what would’ve happened if Gina had 2 more minutes to kick her like that..
    it would have been a TKO.. no doubt in my mind..
    I’ve seen plenty of women’s fights where as soon as one got in a dominant position their 3 minutes were up..
    You’d think that the girls like Gina and Cyborg have proven by now that they can go just as hard as the men..
    even the announcers are starting to say the 3 minute rounds are ridiculous..

it needs to be changed.. especially seeing as how the mainstream Women’s MMA fights are starting to get more and more exciting and are starting to hold bigger names..

• HexRei says:

I always figured that the three minutes was less about women’s cardio and more about EXC’s concern that the crowd won’t want to watch three five minute rounds of women’s fighting. It was a rather risky proposition to do women’s MMA in the first place, no other big org does.

Of course, it’s proven to be pretty popular, so maybe we’ll see that change soon.

• Mike says:

I think Elite XC will be bought out by Affliction, and then they have a chance to compete with UFC, but they have to keep it in the cage. What a card it would be: Fedor vs Arlovski, and Gina Carano vs Cyborg, and Robbie Lawler vs Jake Shields. This would be the event that would draw the most. They just have to promote it on a day that UFC doesnt have a paperview.

• Randori says:

Considering they paid Gina $25K and she’s their #2 draw, I don’t think she should even fight FOR Elite XC let alone for a title for them.

Kimbo gets half a mil and he’s a can,

Benji Rachach gets 30K ( although I was most looking forward to his fight, he’s not a mainstream draw )

I call Bulls Hit !!!

• crazycool67 says:

OK,i think gina can beat cyborg she can fight pretty damn good and knows how to defend herself all the time shes relax when she fights but dont get me wrong cyborg is build like a man but likes to rush things to fast and i think she might lose to gina cause of that …i think is going to be a battle and i cant wait to see this one ,they both awesome fighters but i love gina but either way i will root for the winner lol..

• walter b. says:

do they pee test? if cyborgs not on the juice then shes a man