EliteXC Heat: Quick Results

When: Oct. 4, 2008
Where: BankAtlantic Center; Sunrise, Fla

UPDATE: Tonight’s main event between Kimbo Slice and Ken Shamrock has been scratched due to an injury suffered by Shamrock.  Official announcement: Kimbo Slice vs. Seth Petruzelli is now the replacement fight. Petruzelli was scheduled to fight Aaron Rosa on the undercard.

EliteXC Heat Results:

Main Card

• Seth Petruzelli def. Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson via TKO (Strikes) Rd 1.
  • EXC Welterweight Champ Jake Shields def. Paul Daley via Submission (Armbar) Rd 2.
  • Andrei Arlovski def. Roy Nelson via Knockout Rd 2.
  • Gina Carano def. Kelly Kobold via Unanimous Decision
  • Benji Radach def. Murilo “Ninja” Rua via Knockout Rd 2.
  • KIMBO SLICE vs. KEN SHAMROCK

Undercard

• Seth Petruzelli vs. Aaron Rosa
  • Cris “Cyborg” Santos def. Yoko Takahashi via Unanimous Decision
  • Conor Heun def. Edson Berto via TKO (Strikes) Rd 2.
  • Mikey Gomez def. Lorenzo Borgomeo via Submission (Armbar) Rd 2.
  • Bryan Hamade def. David Gomez via Submission (Guillotine Choke) Rd 1.
  • Nicolae Cury def. Jorge Bouchat via Submission (Strikes) Rd 1.
  • HexRei says:

What the hell was Ken doing that he could hurt himself within 24 hours of this fight? Full contact boxing in the parking lot? What a moron.

I feel bad for Aaron Rosa, hope he didn’t spend too much on his training camp :/

• HexRei says:

ah, it was an accidental headbutt while sparring. weak… he shoulda been a little more cautious the day before his fight.

• HexRei says:

WAR CARANO!!!! but please don’t feed her to Cyborg yet 😀

• HexRei says:

Exactly as predicted, Arlovski via 2nd rnd TKO 😀

• Matt Cava says:

Gina is awesome. Kobold is a tough fighter and Carano whooped on her. Crisp striking beats sloppy takedowns every day of the week.

• BJJ in VA says:

kimbo has been exposed by the UFC reject of rejects, the mma gods are smiling

if only huckaby were struck by lightning at the same time, it would restore my faith in humanity

lmao at frank saying he had no slice tonight

• HexRei says:

OMG SETH PETRUZELLI I LUBZ U

• Stan the Caddy says:

L oh fucking L at Jared Shaw in the background freaking out when Kimblow was getting busted up. Poetic justice for $kala.

• BJJ in VA says:

Hopefully the Kimbo hype machine stops tonight

• Joshua says:

Gus Johnson is pure hyperbole. I think this production is crud.

• David Andrest says:

I hate to say it Cava…………..but

• pitbull17 says:

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I can’t believe that just happened. Jared shaw was freaking out in the background cause he just saw his company go under and dana white is probably gonna laugh unitll next month

• Jesse says:

I can’t stop laughing.

• Brandon says:

Lol at Jared Shaw, it was funny because my girlfriend was watching the fights with me and was saying “I bet the guy (shaw) must of lost money on a bet or something” hahah poor Kimbo at least he took the defeat like a man but dear god was he embarrassed tonight.

He was knocked silly by such a weak punch, they better never ever put him as the main event ever again and just keep him on like a Pride freakshow fighter…

• Robert says:

Jared Shaw will be out of a job by the end of next week, and there is no way Ken Shamrock’s injury was an accident who the hell spars and works out like that the day of the fight he did’nt want to be knock out Again and look like a total laughing stock and now he looks like a bigger joke than ever.

• Brandon says:

Wasn’t the first shot Seth landed on Kimbo after he went down a huge hammerfist to the back of the head? It looked like the ref was going to step in and give Slice time to recover but then backed off. I know Kimbo isn’t great, but he is certainly better than a 14 second tko…

• Pusher says:

Kimbo must really be as terrible as I thought he was. Trained by Bas & can;t do ne better than that. Bas please do not waste ne more time on that bum

• HexRei says:

Robert on October 4th, 2008 10:35 pm

You’ve seriously never seen a fighter rolling the day of the fight? I’ve not only see it the day of, I’ve seen it minutes before. Ken said he was doing some light rolling and took a headbutt, I don’t see what is hard to believe about. And if you think Ken is afraid to take a beating for a big payday, you must not have seen his last oh, dozen fights.

• egad81 says:

I think this was the best thing to happen to Kimbo, Take some of the pressure off and drop him down to earlier on the cards. I am sure we will see SHAMrock vs Kimbo.

Congrats to Seth on a well placed punch

Anyone think Dana White is in good spirits right now??

• saerbarnet says:

As I said in the news item about Shamrock being replaced by Petruzelli.

Kimbo losing to this guy is just COMEDY GOLD.

• BJJ in VA says:

Somebody put Shaw on suicide watch.

Maybe he can take some comfort in the handjob he promised Kimbo if he took the fight with Seth.

Also, I hope beyond hope that after tonight Joe Silva decides to end EliteXC by signing their only legit fighter in Jake Shields and put him against ANY of the worlds top ten.

How sad is it that Elite’s only top ten fighter is a CHICK.

WHAT THE FUCK.

• jaydog says:

Chill yall. The card was good. Kimbo learned a lesson. That’s MMA. Good for Kimbo and the fans. Affliction and EliteXC did a really good job. Let’s wait to see the ratings. Gina, Andrei, Jake, Cyborg, all looked like money. Let’s see it continue on.

• Robert says:

HexRei fighters do a lot of running through drills the day of the fight Shamrock said himself he was sparring his brother Frank said when he was training for Cung Le he shut down heavy training 5 days before the fight to me it sounds like the fighters you have see do this are not on the verge of fighting on the main event on CBS.

• Robert says:

BJJ IN VA how sad is it you don’t know Jake Shields and Robbie Lawler are top 10 fighters.

• Mr.PIBB says:

Damn Kimbo, I’ve seen chickens last longer in KFC.

• HexRei says:

No Robert, they were in the UFC and Pride. Ahem.

• jaydog says:

As a fellow VA resident, BJJ in VA is correct in saying that the UFC should sign away Jake and any competent fighter on EliteXC cards. That’s valid.

• Bad Monkey says:

Definitely a solid night of fights from front to back. All the fights were good, but watching Jared Shaw jumping up and down outside the cage as he watched his meal ticket get pounded made it worth watching the entire card. What a chump.

Congrats to all the winners, and damn did Gina look good in her fight. Kobold just kept coming forward and Gina picked her apart, the girl is for real!!!

• ak47 says:

Thank you EliteXC for screwing with my DVR. As a result I missed your can beating your paycheck.

• Eric says:

“this is the biggest upset in history” What a joke that Gus Johnson would even spew that line. This won’t be the biggest upset of the month, let alone history. He said it as if Petruzelli just beat Fedor or Silva. He beat a guy with 3 pro fights. I hope Joe Rogan uses the same line if Randy beats Brock. I hope I never see Kimbo fight again. His 15 minutes are up.

• jaydog says:

cry in your beer, eric. Gus was doing his job. You and I know the fight was a wash and you will have to look at Kimbo plenty more in the future. Fedor and Andrei are two of the biggest stars to come out of this.

• Brandon says:

Gus was doing his job, unfortunately for any smart MMA fans he comes off as a clown for saying that ridiculous quote. Kimbo’s fame has peaked, he’ll be around but no way could he be pushed as the #1 star if he loses to nobodies…

• jaydog says:

Brandon: Seth agreed with you, the fight result was not so significant. Loads of causal fans could care less. They’re mostly mad that they didn’t get to see Kimbo decapitate anyone. Luckily, Benji nearly satisfied that in the first round of the first fight.

• Rich S. says:

there is a growing problem in mma today.. and that is people LETTING their opponents advance on them..

i was PRAYING for Daley to just knock Shields’ socks off.. and he was so close.. but Shields’ in all of his “i don’t want to get hit in the face” glory wrapped him up in the lamest clinch i’ve ever seen, took him to the ground, and LANDED in mount..

HOW THE HELL DO YOU LET SOMEONE DO THAT..
    i was screaming at my tv..
    i mean, it’s very simple.. just pull guard.. that’s all he had to do.. pull guard.. but he falls down, and lets shields immediately advance to mount all in one motion..

DAMN YOU DALEY! I LOVE YA, BUT SERIOUSLY, YOU CRUSHED MY HOPES!

now that that’s out there.. there’s no reason for Shields to face anyone other than GSP right now..
    he’s obviously not going to lose to ANYONE..

• Rich S. says:

btw, grats to Gina.. great performance tonight, she didn’t even HAVE TO keep the distance, she beasted Kobold on the inside..

i think she can beat Cyborg.. i’m barely even worried anymore..
    every time i’m worried that Gina may get KO’d, her opponents have this change in heart and shoot for a takedown..

• Eric says:

jaydog-
    I never said Gus wasn’t doing his job but his hyperbole was over the top. It wasn’t an upset and Petruzelli isn’t Rocky. I don’t think I’ll be looking at Kimbo much more either. He’ll probably lose his next fight and then he’ll be off our tv for good.