(Video) Kimbo Slice interview on ESPN’s “Pardon the Interruption”

After a slow promotional push for EliteXC and CBS’ third installment of “Saturday Night Fights,” the marketing campaign for the Oct. 4 event featuring heavyweight bouts between Kimbo Slice vs. Ken Shamrock and Andrei Arlovski vs. Roy Nelson has picked up.

Commercial spots for the event aired during CBS’ NFL telecasts this past weekend and were featured during the season premiere of the network’s hit reality television show “Survivor” last night.

Slice has also made several high-profile media appearances including a David Blaine special on ABC Wednesday night as well as a one-on-one interview on ESPN with “Pardon the Interruption” hosts Tony Kornheiser and Dan LeBatard on Thursday.

Below is the video of Slice’s interview on PTI.

• Bad Monkey says:

It’s getting pretty silly to see these clueless ‘journalists’ ask the same dumb questions of Kimbo every time. And Kornheiser is a douche.

• paddiosf says:

It’s a joke that he gets his time on any TV and he’s done nothing and they say he’s bad for the sport..Like Mir said when he fights he’s takes the sport back..Shamrock is so over the Hill..But I credit EliteXC for this for marketing him..

• Venom says:

I’m not a big Kimbo fan but I gotta say, Kimbo has gotten better in the interview department. I remember seeing him on “Inside MMA” a few months back promoting his Tank Abbott fight and he could barely put a comprehensible sentence together. Really!
    I’m not saying he’s a great speaker now, but he’s definitely gotten better since then. And he was actually a little funny during this interview.

• People hate Kimbo… thats very strange to me. Is it because he is black? or because he entered into a business and is actually doing well?
    Kimbo haters are McCain voters for sure

Kimbo deserves all the press he is getting. Not because he is the best fighter (I think Frank Mir would beat him fairly easy) but because someone needs to take this sport even more MAINSTREAM. I want MMA everynight…. even if the fights are nobodies or never weres.

• Venom says:

Words of wisdom, Tony! I completely agree!

• Moses Davis says:

Tony Fennen what is your deal. Why is it that someone always has to bring race into everything. I mean to say that we dont like him cause hes black….really get a life. How about we dont like him because true MMA fans have been here and fought to get the blood sport image out of peoples mind, and all he does is remind themof that. May be its beacuse he is garbage in a cage. Maybe its because hes the biggest joke in MMA. Maybe its because he need to go back to street fighting. People say that hes one of the biggest names in the sport, maybe so but its because he’s in the right place at the right time. We have a genration of people that want to see people get hurt who want to watch violence no matter who gets hurt. And thats what Kimbo repersents. Not the sport which is a true art form that we dedicate our lives and and hearts to. And to see this guy get the glory for it come on. Randy Coture, Jeremy Horn, Chuck Liddle, hell even Ken Shamrock these are the guys that should be getting the fame and that the world of MMA should be behind they’ve been there and made this sport what it is and now a guy like Kimbo gets to come by and rape it for all its worth.

• Bad Monkey says:

For the record, I wasn’t hating on Kimbo in this instance, just the cock knuckle interviewers that can’t seem to get past how ‘scary’ Kimbo looks. If they educated themselves on the sport they’re discussing it might make them seem, almost, professional.

• Loco541 says:

agree tony dont listen to moses. and moses maybe him being black and a former streetfighter definitely do make him a target, ever thought of that? You can’t hate a man cause he actually found a way to make money and do something he actually loves(legally). Hes taking this sport serious and being a true athlete working with bas trying to learn this game. what you jealous cause you still broke and you couldnt come up with a plan to get rich. You are what we call “HATER”. grow up and respect the game and how its played. And Tony, fights everyday sounds gggggreat to me!

• Moses Davis says:

What are we kidding ourselvels now??? Taking this sport serouisly come on. If he wants me to take me serious then fight someone to prove your serious. I mean come on Tompson, Tank, and now Ken….Really? I mean all we are doing at this point is insulting the true fighters. I mean for god sake Brett Rogers beat Thompson then Thompson gets to fight Kimbo, then Brett calls him out at the post fight interveiw and tells him hes grabage….and still Kimbo wont take the fight. And i love Bas but all Bas see’s in Kimbo is a meal ticket. Lets see what happens the first time he fights a fighter that is some what decent and not over the hill. Then i want to see where all these Kimbo fans go………running for the hills, thats where.

PS. Fights every day……HDNET TV comeon forgetaboutit

• HexRei says:

Tony Fennen on September 26th, 2008 1:13 pm

Kimbo haters are McCain voters for sure

Not at all, but I think some of the press he gets is because he’s black. Scary giant black dude sells better than scary giant white dude.

I want MMA every night just as bad as you, but if Kimbo is to be the face of mainstream MMA, I don’t think that’s such a good thing. There are about a zillion fighters more deserving and just as marketable. They just need to do some backyard brawls I guess.

• Moses Davis says:

lol i guess thats the only way to make something out yourself in this sport is to go out in your back yard with a video camera and just beat the brains out of some one and put it on you tube.

• Moses Davis says:

that would be just great for the sport.

• KTru says:

I am no hater of Kimbo.
    I like all MMA.
    I just wouldnt mind seeing him lose

• Austin says:

HE WASN’T SURE HE WAS PRONOUNCING KEN SHAMROCK’S NAME RIGHT? this guy doesn’t know shit about mma. GG PTI.

• HexRei says:

I will say that I like Kimbo. He seems as down to earth and humble as most other fighters and a lot moreso than some. I have no issues with him personally. My problem is with promoters and sports media.

• Sergio Hernandez says:

Tony, please don’t fall into the same bullshit rhetoric at BE gets into involving Kimbo and race.

Fact of the matter is: the mainstream fan LOVES Kimbo. And I’d say the percentage of racists in that group would be much higher than the percentage in the hardcore MMA fan group.

I don’t like Kimbo because I think he’s being touted as a good fighter when he’s not. He’s mediocre but his work ethic is nothing to sneeze at. I guess I would say I’m annoyed that CBS is telecasting a KOTC-level fighter instead of a top ten MMArtist.

But hey, he sells tickets and he’s gotta get his bread so I won’t hate. Shit, the 10/4 card is free and has Arlovski, Ninja Rua, and and Jake Shields. That’s good enough for me.

• Robert says:

Kornheiser was’nt sure how to pronounce Shamrock! How else would you pronounce it? I like how Kimbo said Thompson was great in PANCRASE.

• mike says:

i dont much care for “kimbo” but fuck man, those guys treated him like a damn attraction at the zoo. “i dont know much about the sport”… then y the fuck is that jackass asking him questions. get someone who knows wtf he is talking about.