Trailer for upcoming Renzo Gracie documentary

Earlier this week we told you about a brand new documentary titled “Renzo Gracie: Legacy” that will be making its global premiere at the first-annual U.S. Sports Film Festival in Philadelphia from Oct. 23-26.

The documentary, directed by Gethin Aldous, was filmed over a 10-year period and chronicles the life of jiu-jitsu and MMA living legend Renzo Gracie.

The film follows Gracie from his early days learning the sport in his native Brazil to his time coming to New York and becoming first a world champion, and then a master instructor from the streets of Sao Paulo to Japan and even Abu Dhabi. Renzo Gracie: Legacy provides a rare look into the making of an MMA champion and coach, through the eyes of one of the most respected stars of the sport.

Below is a trailer.

[flashvideo filename=video/renzodoc.flv /]

• BJJ in VA says:

Renzo is a bad ass. Does anyone remember the name of the guy he fought in a promotion that I think was called Extreme Cagefighting that he put to sleep with a triangle and when the ref stopped the fight he got up and stepped on the guy with his hands up walking toward his corner. That shit was classic.

• rob says:

BJJ it was Ben Spilkers (sp?) – but I don’t know if it was Extreme Cagefighting – I know at seminars he brings it up to those who remember (you know not in front of a class – lol) I have had the utmost pleasure to chat with Renzo a couple of times, and personally I can’t think of a better person to make one of these documentaries about. Renzo, voce e uma inspiracao e homem que devem ser olhados are eternamente. Vive Brasil – vive Jiu-Jitsu! (I hope that was right…)

• steelbus287 says:

Did he say “I’ll die shitting my pants like everyone else?”
    Is that what happens when you die? DO YOU SHIT YOUR PANTS WHEN YOU DIE?!?!?!? HOW COME NOBODY’S EVER TOLD ME ABOUT THIS????

• molella says:

What did he say about his dad at the starting? I hope the final copy has sub titles the movie looks good!!!

• kingiefella says:

At last a movie to look forward to watching! Gotta give it to Renzo….one mean fighting fella there!

• BJJ in VA says:

Someone needs to make a documentary about Ryan Gracie also, if half of the stories ive heard about him are true then it would be awesome.

• BJJDenver says:

BJJ, Ryan was crazy, in all senses. My professor and friend grew up with him and he has told me some pretty crazy stories as well. The dude just thought he was invincible and all the people around him thought he had sold his soul to the Devil, because of his ability to survive precarious situations. I think it would be interesting as well, but it would have to be a regular movie with actors, because I don’t think many of his escapades were on film, lol.

As for the Renzo movie, can’t wait to see it. Love that guy. Still hoping Renzo/Frank 2 happens soon.

• dohfil says:

Loved that soundtrack. I made me want to fight.

I also loved the commentary by his adversaries–each were respectful for the warrior in Renzo.

This movie looks like a winner.

• Jimmy Hogberg says:

When will this be available?