TUF 1 marathon and reunion show scheduled for Saturday

Spike TV will be airing a marathon from the first season of “The Ultimate Fighter” this Saturday starting at 9 a.m. ET and lasting all the way until 11:30 p.m. ET.

The marathon will consist of all 12 episodes from the inaugural season, the season finale, and then conclude with a reunion show featuring many of the key players from the season one.

The reunion show will be hosted by Joe Rogan and will feature UFC President Dana White as well as TUF 1 veterans such as Forrest Griffin, Stephan Bonnar, Kenny Florian, Nate Quarry, Josh Koscheck, Diego Sanchez, Mike Swick, and Bobby Southworth.

I have not seen the reunion show but have spoken to some people that have and apparently things get interesting when Swick confronts Leben about why he allegedly refused to fight him during a UFC Fight Night event last year. Some other interesting revelations are made as well.

I just wish they had invited Jason Thacker back.

• warcry says:

That will be very interesting. Looking forward to it will be cool to see some of the guys who set this thing off.

• Evan says:

I’m pretty interested in this.

• HexRei says:

I’ll watch it like I watch all the MMA-related crap I get my hands on :)

• Nickd says:

How on earth did Thacker get through the tryouts? I know it was a new show but he was useless.

• JJ says:

Nice Thacker reference.

Maybe they will have some of the more notable fighters like Andy Wang and Gabe Reudiger, not to mention Danny Abadi.

• BJJDenver says:

Dish doesn;t have the reunion show listed, what time does it air?

• joetheacupuncturist says:

they should bring back everyone, sanford, Thaker, sincaid- would have made for better where are they now stories

• Mike Wolfe says:

Who was the guy on a later season who was kicked out of the house for jumping the wall to rendezvous with the female lifeguard? He’s one of the “where are they now” stories I’d like to hear.

• Ian Chase says:

I didn’t watch the first season, so could someone fill me in on who this Thacker guy is? Was he just a terrible fighter, or was he a whiny “I miss my girlfriend ” guy?

• Grappo says:

@ Ian Chase

Thacker was the quintessential doofus. Gawky and awkward looking, with very little discernible skill, but he had a very endearing quality about him. You didn’t (or I didn’t, rather) want to see him get beat up. He was like a character from DuckTales mixed with the “Which way did he go George” abominable snowman from Looney Tunes. Maybe I’m being too hard on him. He was a nice guy, just socially and technically inept.

Chris Leben peed on Thacker’s pillow as a “joke” one night. Funny how Leben later went on a hissy fit rampage when Koscheck and Southworth sprayed him with the hose while he slept. Leben was such a baby back then. Hope he’s grown up a bit.

@ Mike Wolfe

It was that rapist Jeremy Jackson that was kicked off for jumping the fence to meet some girl on Season 4.