Leonard Garcia vs. Jens Pulver added to WEC 36

A battle between former UFC lightweight competitors Jens Pulver and Leonard Garcia has officially been added by World Extreme Cagefighting to the undercard of its Sept. 10 event featuring Urijah Faber defending his WEC featherweight title vs. Mike Thomas Brown.

The event, which will emanate from the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Holly, Fla. will also featured WEC middleweight title defense by Paulo Filho against Chael Sonnen.

Other matches officially announced Wednesday by the WEC include former NCAA champion Jake Rosholt taking on American Top Team black belt Danillo Villefort, Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone vs. “Razor” Rob McCullough, Rani Yayha vs. Yoshiro Maeda, Ed Ratcliff vs. Danny Castillo, Tim McKenzie vs. David Avellan, and former NCAA champion Johny Hendricks vs. Alex Serdyukov.

This could be the WEC’s deepest card in history from top-to-bottom.

• Sonny says:

Maybe Razor Rob won’t phone it in like he did back in June. Any time I get to watch Faber fight, it’s a good night. Pulver’s pretty damn exciting as well.

• Bad Monkey says:

Excellent card!! A lot of potentially great fights, and I hope Maeda puts a vicious beat down on Yani. I can’t stand that guy.

• JoHn says:

WILL THEY BE FIGHTING AT LIGHTWEIGHT OR FEATHER

• Kelvin says:

WEC is dope…that is all.

• Wow, less than a month before the card?

And I hate Johny Hendricks with a passion from his Oklahoma State wrestling days. I’m going to watch every WEC card in the future just in the hopes he gets punched hard.

• Jez says:

This already has the makings to be another amazing card for the WEC. They have continually been putting on the best product for almost two years now, and I hope they continue to do so.

• PoMoPunchDrunk says:

We get VS. as OLN in Canada, anyone know if this is televised for us Canucks?

• Davey D says:

Awesome. This makes an already great card even better. I think Leonard will win via KO if it’s at 145. His striking looked great last time. I am a fan of both fighter’s so it kinda sucks one is going to lose. This fight should bring the fireworks.

• patrick says:

Yep I’ve got to root for Garcia in this one. The man’s an animal at 145! I know Pulver will put up a hell of a fight. I just don’t know where his head is at after he tried to call out that Nogueira dude that’s lost 3 fights in a row in the WEC. I don’t get why you would a person would do that. But I still have MUCHO respect for Pulver and I love to watch him fight. Garcia should be in line for a title fight if he wins this one.

• Venom says:

What happens if Jens beats Garcia? Do we really wanna see Pulver/Faber 2?
    Is there anything in either of these guys future, Pulver or Garcia, other than getting owned by Uriah Faber? I think not!!!!!

• RUSH says:

This is a really sick card, I wish we got it live in Canada and that it was longer than 2 hours!! Can’t wait for it!

• Sabotage says:

Expect to see the “Cowboy” Cerrone triangle-choke his way to victory like the rest of his victories.

Jamie better prepare for the same.

• Lethal says:

I have a feeling that Garcia is going to pull off the upset here. It just looks like Pulver is starting to lose some speed. Faber who’s known as a ground/wrestling guy was picking him apart in the standup.

• Jason G says:

It’s kinda weird to hear myself say this but I think I enjoy watching WEC more than any other promotion. 135 & 145 are just damn exciting to watch!

• patrick says: