twitter google

Report: Mark Munoz off of next WEC show

Former NCAA champion Mark Munoz will not be able to fight as previously scheduled during the WEC’s next scheduled show on Wednesday, Sept. 10 at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Fla.

The news was revealed earlier in a report by MMAWeekly.com.

According to MMA Weekly, the former Oklahoma State competitor if off the card vs. Steve Steinbeiss due to an undisclosed injury.

Steinbess, who trains out of Trevor and Todd Lally’s Arizona Combat Sports, could remain on the card against a new opponent.

The WEC’s Sept. 10 event, to be televised on VERSUS starting at 9 p.m. ET, will feature two title fights involving WEC featherweight champion Urijah Faber taking on Mike Thomas Brown and WEC middleweight champion Paulo Filho squaring off against Chael Sonnen. Former NCAA champions Jake Rosholt and Johny Hendricks are scheduled to make their debuts as well.

3 COMMENTS
  • matt says:

    Seriously no one finds this to be a big deal? Munoz is one of the sports most promising prospects. I love watching his fights and the fact that there wasn’t reason given besides an “injury” is worrisome.

  • steak_knife says:

    Terrible news. Munoz is exciting — vicious GnP.

  • Friend says:

    Mark tore his MCL training. He is still training his upper body 6 days a week with his trainer and is looking great. He will be back stronger than ever in 6-8 weeks. Don’t worry, you will see him again soon.

LEAVE A COMMENT!

You must be logged in to post a comment.