WEC 35 a near-sellout

WEC 35 was about as successful as an event can be from a fighting quality standpoint and was about as successful as it could be from an attendance perspective.

According to information forwarded to FiveOuncesOfPain.com by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, WEC 35 this past Sunday at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino had just two tickets that went unsold or unused.

The total paid attendance for the event was 734 for a total paid gate of $116,9000. In addition to the two unsold tickets, there were 272 complementary tickets for the event distributed.

• BG says:

I’ve yet to see a bad WEC event, hopefully, they keep up the good work and people start realizing that these shows are awesome for the price!

• Jon says:

If the total paid to the fighers was $230,000 and they made $116,900 … that’s absolutely fantastic for an event of that size. For less than 1000 paid tickets, they made more 1/2 of the fighters salaries back.

This isn’t inclusive of any other billings. But looks to be a way better ratio that Affliction pulled off. Though I realize that’s not really a fair comparison.

• Evan says:

WEC is floating way under the radar of greatness. I’ve been watching it since it was on HDnet and have never been disappointing.

• Brian says:

It was my first time at The Joint and I gotta say, what a fabulous place to watch an MMA event. You can literally walk up to any of the fighters and say hello, and there isn’t a bad seat in the house.

• Sonny says:

“With the WEC continuing to expand its presence and roster of talent, the days of running shows in the intimate confines of the Hard Rock could be nearing an end.”

I love the WEC but with it’s popularity expanding, it’s like that one band that you feel like is your secret pleasure until they hit it big (and rightfully so) and suddenly, EVERYONE loves ’em.

I know the WEC will blow up soon and it will be wonderful but in the back of my mind, I’ll also miss the “good ‘ol days” when it felt like my thing.

• TheSomberlain says:

Really good card. Looking forward to more.

• Batman says:

honestly the only fight i liked was the main event.

• […] came very very very close to selling out last Sunday! Which would be impressive until you realize how rinky dink the Hard Rock is: According to information forwarded to FiveOuncesOfPain.com by the Nevada State […]

• Ken says:

so tickets for WEC are about 100 bucks? in a tiny cool venue. considering the quality of the fights, that’s the deal of the decade.