CBS Saturday Night Fights III – Kimbo & Gina

When: Saturday, Oct. 4, 2008
Where: BankAtlantic Center; Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Watch: CBS @ 9 p.m. ET

EliteXC has already started selling tickets for “Saturday Night Fights III“:

• Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson vs. ??? @ HW
  • Gina Carano vs. Kelly Kobald-Gavin @ 140 lbs. (not finalized)

Card subject to change. All matchups are rumored unless stated otherwise.

Check out more CBS Saturday Night Fights content on 5 Oz. of Pain.

• fightfan says:

They have found Kimbo’s next opponent. They need a win from him and are willing to do what it takes. I mean Gina will be another huge favorite, instead of making it interesting and have her fight taht cyborg dude.

Anyhow, they need ratings so Kimbo will be facing the first ever blind fighter in mma. That should give Kimbo the advantage he needs and make him the favorite to win. CBS and EliteXC needs ratings and Kimbo, well, just wants to keep making more per fight than some experienced guys have made in 20 or so fights

• paddiosf says:

What is MMA coming to if EliteXC is relying on Carano and Kimbo to save there ratings..I’m sure Kimbo will have some hand picked no-name..

• steak_knife says:

Kelly Kobald is no can. Gina might get KO’d if she doesn’t lay off the pizza soon.

• Bill Lumberg says:

Kimbo vs Tomato can!!!

• Brent says:

“Gina Carano vs. Kelly Kobald-Gavin @ 140 lbs. (not finalized)”

The 140 lbs for Carano is not finalized.

• Justin B says:

I was really hoping to see Carano against that one guy Cyborg. Is it not enough time between fights for Cyborg to get ready or are they scared to put there poster children against the best right now.

• fightfan says:

Carano bout @ 140 lb (not finalized)……

I am sure that Kobald-Gavin had to sign-agree to fight Carano, even if she coems in at 150 lbs, which is VERY LIKELY. Maybe the bout was offered to Cyborg, but she refused to “LET” Gina weigh in at whatever she wants…… Very POSSIBLE!!!!!

• batman says:

I wonder what bum they will throw at Kimbo next. Carano is ducking cyborg, but I don’t blame her.

• hindsightufuk says:

yeah man i wanna see cyborg fight again, she was awesome
    elite xc is the commercial side of mma, like you get in music, predominantly shit, expensive production but lacking any meaningful content, harmless but damaging to mma due to the mainstream exposure it gets, and a guilty pleasure most ‘hardcore fans’ wont admit to bumping their heads too
    fuck it ima download it & watch it whatever

• darkmetal says:

I predict that Kimbo Slice will be fighting a very popular Walmart “Greeter” named Joe “Geezer” Anderson. While being untested, EliteXC says that “Geezer” is a dangerous fighter, who once asked some kids wearing baggy pants to stop throwing a ball in the store. “He was really good” The Walmart store manager claims, “I was like…whoa…he didn’t even take his cane with him!” Kimbo was asked about the fight, and proclaimed that although this might be his hardest fight yet, that he predicted victory in the first round via KO “I ain’t kiddin’ I am going to really come after Geezer and prove that Kimbo Slice is back!” After which he also said he wanted to fight Anderson Silva, and wouldn’t mind taking Fedor Emelienko down a peg or two.

More seriously, I agree that Cyborg vs Carano is the fight everyone wants to see. And I think Cyborg could win, and might do so decisively. While Carano is good, I didn’t see her as having the power or aggression of Cyborg in her last fight. Her “star factor” means she is buying her own hype, as she doesn’t take cutting weight seriously, and I doubt that Cyborg would fall from a few big punches like her last opponent.

• JBAR says:

He better not take Geezer lightly, he used to work at our Wal-Mart and I saw him take down a 5 year old in the parking lot who tried to bolt with a Butterfinger. It wasn’t pretty.

• Warcry says:

Another Kimbo Slice vs Tomato Can main event. Get used to this from EliteXc this is the best they got. I want them to be successful but, I don’t want to watch feces on the old tube.

• steak_knife says:

Relax everyone,
    Gina Carano isn’t ducking anybody. She’s already stated publicly that she’s down to fight her. As important as Gina is to EXC, she doesn’t schedule the fights. She’ll fight Cyborg early next year after each fighter gets one more win under their belts. This is a smart move by EXC, as it will draw in more viewers for their inevitable clash.

• Cathedron says:

How about Kimbo vs Carano? Big ratings.

• Necros says:

What a bunch of morons… I can’t wait to see what you’ll say after Gina beats this Cyborg too. :)