Controversial Andrei Arlovski Interview: Watch it Here!

Back in the day, before anybody read us, we used to post whatever we wanted. All kinds of crazy stuff. Then, we actually got an audience and we started to hear the lectures: “You can’t post that stuff! This site is considered legitimate!” or “You should be ashamed of yourselves. You have a responsibility based on your status not to cross the line.”

We took a lot of that stuff to heart and changed our approached for the most part. However, we try to have a little fun every now and then and when we do, people freak out. I still don’t think some people have let go of the Edith Larrente post we did a while back. Whatever.

So while we usually try to stay high-brow, that’s not always going to be the case. Some things are just too good not to call to your attention, such as the below video of Ariel Helwani of MMARated.com interviewing Andrei Arlovski.

Arlovski used to date Patrycja Mikula until the two broke up (which is usually the case when people break up). Then there were rumors that Mikula and Tim Sylvia were involved when the two were seen together during Adrenaline MMA’s first show. The whole Sylvia and Mikula rumor was never confirmed but it wasn’t really ever denied. So towards the end of the interview, Ariel decided to go straight to one of the sources and try and get the scoop. Arlovski said he didn’t care and didn’t want to talk about it. Then, Ariel got a very humorous answer regarding a question Arlovski has for Sylvia that might not be safe for work.

Maybe I just have a juvenile sense of humor, but the line, as well as the delivery, still have me cracking up. In fact, it keeps getting more funny every time I watch it.

• mo says:

no Sam, you humor is right on par. I saw the clip last night, and it cracked me up because it seemed to completely come out of left field. I didn’t know Andrei had that in him, and thinking of a girl leaving you for big Tim (especially after his debut on that reality dating show), i mean there are a few reasons why it worked. I have to imagine Sylvia vs. Arlovski 4 would be a very hard sell, but with this drama going on it may be more interesting.

on a side note, i have been really sold on Ariel. i think he does some of the best interviews in MMA, he just seems to have a natural ability for it.

• chabbbjj says:

hahahahahahhahhahahahahahah RAD!

• JacRabbit says:

This is hilarious!!!!! Thank you Sam LOL!

• Zack with a ck says:

“how duz you like taste of my pee pee”

that’s an instant classic

• Jesse says:

Sylvia responded, “Salty”

F’n hillarious

• Chrisw says:

If I already fought a guy twice already in my life and then I hear he’s tagging my ex; the old “ask him how my —- tastes” would be just about exactly what I could be expected to say. So maybe Andrei has spent some time in South Jersey.

• Matthew Lenz says:

omfg. thats hilarious. oh man. aaaaaaaaaahahahaha.

• Is it only news if it’s not funny? If Sports Illustrated’s MMA editor gets away with posting pro wrestling youtube videos on their website, I don’t see why you guys can’t have a little fun as well from time to time

• woooburn says:

this generation’s yakof smirnoff ladies and gentleman!

“in soviet russia, pee pee taste YOU!”

• Revjames13 says:

#6 They fought three times.

• Johnny Lawrence says:

wow he has a “Pee Pee Pee” that must be much bigger than your standard Pee Pee.

• zack says:

no, just 33% bigger

• Chrisw says:

hm… yeah they did. Touché

• Fabricio says:

Ariel has officially lost all credibility, funny answer to a question that should have never been asked.

He just turned into the perfect example of everything Dana says aboiut the internet. Nice work

• eazye says:

Arlovski/Shaq collaboration coming soon …

• Sam Caplan says:

#13, how did he lose credibility? The report became public so it was fair game. Kudos to Ariel for having the stones to ask it right in front of the man.

• matt says:

when movie stars trade girlfriends everyone cares so why not ask fighters the same question

• Smokes says:

I agree Sam it takes some balls to ask that to a guy who could KO you in one punch. I’ve seen a couple of Ariels interviews and he ususally regrets asking those questions but its funny to watch. The guy is a good interviewer and I try to catch most of his interviews for a good laugh.

• spike1244 says:

i read from a good sorce than Sylvia responded with that was the best pee pee i ever had tasted (good stuff)

• Fabricio says:

well, given that line of thinking, perhaps there are some questions he should ask of others that are personal and inappropriate. There are plenty of interesting questions that could be asked of people on his very staff that would set the internet on fire. But I guess the girls should be left alone, that would be crossing the line. But while were going along with the “following up what I heard” or a ” it was reported on the net”

• HexRei says:

@#20 Believe or not, all you have to do if someone asks you a personal question is “ive got nothing to say about that”. it really is that easy, its any celebrity’s choice of whether to answer. So whats the big deal?

• Fabricio says:

#21 the big deal is… The man is interviewing a gentleman prior to an upcoming fight. It would be professional to ask him about the fight, not about his ex girlfriend. As I said, funny answer to a question that shouldn’t have been asked.

With this said. would it be acceptable to start asking Matt Hughes about screwing around on his wife, his relationship with friends significant others ect…. prior to his next fight??

Should he press Edith about her jobs prior to being a ring girl?

Should he ask Matt Lindland why he doesn’t have good personal hygiene?

and the list goes on and on……..I understand it makes for interesting conversation, and hell it’s entertaining.

It’s just very unprofessional, and I found it disappointing.

• HexRei says:

@#23 He spent the vast majority of the interview talking about Arlovski’s opponent, plans, and background, I don’t see what the big deal about twenty seconds for a question like that is. It’s really NOT unprofessional, and I’m saying that as a guy with two years of journalism studies. This is sports journalism, not Crossfire, and one aspect of a big sport is celebrity. People like to hear personal details about celebrities.

Your other questions are totally without context, but in the proper situation I think it actually wouldn’t be totally inappropriate or unprofessional. Or that big a deal, really. It’s mostly about how the question is presented.

• Andy says:

Thank you Sam! I laughed my ass off!! How taste my pee pee lol!!

• ihateemo says:

“I still don’t think some people have let go of the Edith Larrente post we did a while back. Whatever.”

What post is this? I must know! (Rawr, love the huge fake boobies.)

• Mike Wolfe says:

Turning to subjects other than Arlovski’s pee pee, he looks kinda small. Not much muscle mass through the upper chest, shoulders, and arms. I’d expect a little more beef for the clinch.

• darkmetal says:

LOL…you do have to admit, however, that the normally reserved Arlovski must truly care if he made the “pee pee” comment. Usually you ask him a question and you get a noncommittal “He is a gute fighter, but I am a good fighter, vee vil see on fight day”.

If he could care less about Sylvia banging his gf, he would simply say, “I don’t know, if he is banging my ex gf, he is doing something I have done, now he is doing it” haha.

• fightfan says:

These mmarated videos RARELY work for me…..Anyone else have the same problem???? It usually says “connecting to server” and that is it!!! It never connects!!!

• […] interview where you referenced Tim Sylvia enjoying the taste of your peepee is legendary and without question had Tim distracted for the 30 or so seconds he lasted with Fedor. […]

• kaliko says:

His girlfriend is a bitch, now she will would love to be with fedor cuz he destroyed Timmy.