Guillard wants to fight quickly

One of the most impressive performances at the last UFC show was from Melvin Guillard. Trying to erase the memory of a submission loss in the grudge match with Rich Clementi, Guillard blitzed through Dennis Siver – scoring a TKO victory in just 36 seconds.

Guillard does not want to waste much time getting back in the cage.

I want to fight again in September,” said Guillard, “You can look forward to me staying focused and on top of my game.”

September is already a loaded month for the UFC with UFC 88 and a UFC Fight Night. Without already being scheduled on one of the cards, I’m not sure Guillard will get his wish. However, Guillard has a substantial amount of talent, and if he is able to learn from the loss to Clementi, he has a chance to become a contender at 155.

And of course, Guillard still wants one specific fight.

There will be a rematch with Rich Clementi someday.”

• sprewell says:

he’ll be on the ATL card since he’s from the south

• sven says:

Put him in there with Spencer Fisher. That would be a crazy fight.

• jball says:

sven, i agree. that would make for a great fight.

• Kelvin says:

I hope he’s on the ATL card…I’m going!

• -chris says:

It appears that this guy has finally pulled his head out of his ass. The UFC has to love the fact that he’s ready to go again in such a short time. I personally like watching his fights, but man, he seems real vulnerable to submissions.

• Lethal says:

It totally makes sense to put him on the Atlanta card since that’s just a short drive away from NO.

Just scanning the UFC website for possible opponents and this is what I came up with:

Mark Bocek
    Spencer Fisher
    Matt Grice
    Cole Miller(he’s from Georgia so makes sense for him to be on the card)
    Kurt Pellegrino
    Thiago Tavares
    Matt Wiman

• The next time you see him regardless will be vs. A brawler or stand up specialist. The takes away Bocek from that list seeing as though he is a BJJ bb. Melvin is still so young and maybe a top 5 athelete in the UFC, but not a top 20 fighter. If he becomes humble and trains hard on his submission defense he will be almost unstoppable