Frank Shamrock cleared to fight

Coming off a broken arm in losing the Strikeforce middleweight championship to Cung Le, Frank Shamrock was not sure when he would be able to fight again.  That question has now been answered.

I just came back from getting a bone density scan in my arm – I am cleared for combat,” said Shamrock, “so Cung Le, Scott Smith, Robbie Lawler, Kimbo Slice – whoever’s been eating their Wheaties better get ready.”

Shamrock also wasted little time in specifically calling out the person he wants to fight next.

I think the Ken (Shamrock) fight is very important to get done as soon as possible. I’d like to get that fight in first, and I’d like to get a fight in by the end of the year.”

Having Shamrock available to fight is a definite bonus to both Strikeforce and EliteXC. Not many fighters in the history of MMA are as good at promoting a fight as Shamrock is. Shamrock is a huge draw in San Jose with Strikeforce, and EliteXC would certainly love to have him available to headline the next non-Kimbo Slice CBS card.

• Matthew Lenz says:

I would pay large amounts of $$ to see Ken fight Kimbo :)

• jjdnb says:

Ken fighting Kimbo would make no sense at all. Frank vs Kimbo would be an excellent match up. Striker vs Grappler….thats if Frank actually has some ground game left.

• double A-ron says:

i agree w/ #2. #1 might have got the 2 mixed up. Atleast i hope

• sobral311 says:

of course frank had it..go frank show them that your truly one of the mma greats.
    frank shamrock no.1

• […] from Scott Smith to Kimbo Slice. But the one guy he really seems to want before anyone else is his brother Ken: “I think the Ken (Shamrock) fight is very important to get done as soon as possible. I’d […]

• Davey D says:

Now we get to hear Frank talk his smack-game again. I have admit, he does a great job in doing so. Seeing that he said Robbie and Scott’s name in the statement above. Does that mean he could fight for EXC? I thought he was with Strikeforce and they were a seperate org? I know they’ve co-promoted show’s together but, does Showtime/Pro-Elite own a peice of Strikeforce?

If Gary, Sam or anyone else could clear that up for me, thanks!

• Davey – Frank has one more fight left with Strikeforce as well as another year with EliteXC. The next fight would be a co-promotion then he’s with just Elite.

• Davey D says:

Thanks Gary. I wasn’t real sure about the status of his contract.

Cheers!!!