Affliction Fedor vs. Sylvia: Live Results and Chat

One of our readers favorite features, our live event chatroom is back for the Affliction BANNED debut show. Join MMA fans from all over the world, as well as some of the staff of FiveOuncesOfPain.com to discuss this historic fight card and get results as they happen!

WHEN: Saturday, July 19th at 9pm ET
WHAT: FiveOuncesOfPain.com’s Live Results and Chat!

Check out more Affliction: BANNED content on Five Ounces of Pain

• Nick Merra says:

matt, is this a payperview event?

• Matt C. says:

Yes. Affliction BANNED is a ppv. UFC Fight Night Silva vs. Irvin will be on SpikeTV.

• Nate says:

Incredible that fighters like Victor Belfort is part of the “may not be brodcast”. Yes he has been questionable lately but still. UFC only does that to hide away fighters.

Today I was at work thinking about this fight and I almost fainted. Why isnt it July 19th already?

• hankd says:

Um, isn’t Belfort-Martin on FSN and Lil Nog vs Dewees not to be aired??

• mikee says:

Keep arguing boys. Whatever takes your time up. This card is unbelievable but he sad truth is…….being a diehard UFC fan, I am going to feel so retarded when I am watching Spike, and only wishing I hadn’t been so cheap and actually bought the Affliction PPv instead of checking the internet all night which I will be doing.

• mikee says:

checking the internet and wishing I would have spell checked all my posts!

• Chris Lyons says:

My wife and I will be watching live at the Honda Center in Anaheim.

• Dayzah says:

They changed it them , cause Martin/Belfort has been mentioned for a couple weeks as the other FSN fight. Im pretty sure ive even seen Tom their VP mention it..

• Dayzah says:

Also if this event was in a cage id rent it , I hate fights in a wrestling ring..

• Ian says:

I happen to like a boxing ring over a cage. That said, if you’re not buying this PPV for the fighters on the actual card, you were never buying it in the first place.

Saturday can’t come fast enough.

Hopefully Anderson is fighting when Megadeth is screaming. I mean singing.

• GassedOut says:

10 reasons to own a PVR! This weekend is 1 through 9.

• Ryan says:

These fucking dudes that want to talk about fighting and will not be watchin the affliction PPV???
    NOT MMA FANS!!!!!!!!
    Watch one rec. the other!
    And if you pay for these garbage ass one or two good fights (even on paper before the event) from the UFC then you have to order this and see what you have been missing!
    As far as a ring i can see why you dont like it but it pushes the action by having corners that you can back you opponet into. I am thinking square cage??

• BJJDenver says:

Buying and DVRing, the only way to go.

Ring or Cage? How about both. I don’t want to see all fights in a cage and I don’t want to see all fights in a ring.

The best post of the day is #1 Nick, asking if the event is ppv. Freakin’ hilarious! Not because he didn’t know, but because someone that is a big enough fan to visit sites like 5oz, hasn’t seen marketing from Affliction about the event. At least not effective marketing that stuck in his memory. This could be a huge failing for the promotion, not many people are aware of it or for that matter know what it is. i think this will have as big or bigger effect on their success, as the UFC counter programming.

• double A-ron says:

The only advertising I have seen for this event on t.v. is on Hdnet(hardcore mma fans)- I don’t know if advertised on FSN or not, but good idea if it was. I’ve seen it on MMA websites(hardcore mma fans). It seems like the advertisements only went out to those hardcore fans. I know alot of people I work with that specifficaly only watch UFC and most of them don’t even know who the greatest heavyweight in the world is because he isn’t in the UFC. I never order the UFC if i don’t have someone going in atleast half with me on it, but I will get this PPV if i have to dish out the whole $40 to support these smaller organizations.

• Michael O'Malley says:

I have box tickets for the Afflication Fight. I cant wait for Fedor to wreck Sylvia YESSSS!!!!