UFC 86 Video: Forrest Griffin SportsCenter Interview

CLICK HERE for more UFC 86-related content from 5 Oz of Pain!

• Bad Monkey says:

Since when did being a dumbass, jerk-off become the qualification to interview a guy before the biggest fight of his career? What a fuck stick.

War Forrest!!!

• Brad says:

That was the stupidest interview I have ever seen in my life. It was painful to watch.

• Kuch says:

The guy doing this interview is a total retard. Why was he asking these questions? You could see Forrest looking off camera wondering, “Is this guy for real? Or what?” He almost ruined the entire interview.

• Mike says:

I will agree with everyone before me in that the interviewer was garbage. But I think that just helped to bring out the best in Forrest. He was hilarious and that was all that mattered.

Go Forrest!

• I don’t get the hatred at all. Just because some people don’t watch the sport doesn’t make them retarded. He might not of known what was up but he wasn’t disrespectful in any regard.

• JustMike says:

This interviewer was such a tool that I couldn’t event watch the entire video.

• Jay says:

“So Forrest, who was your favorite character on Police Academy? Have you ever seen Police Squad with Leslie Neilson? How fast can a police car go? Aren’t you in some sort of an athletic event this weekend?”

That guy, and almost everyone at ESPN, is a tool bag.

• HexRei says:

@#6 hah! my thoughts exactly. i was waiting for him to ask griffin if he could hook him up with a ridealong…

• Hurtch says:

Forrest gets big time bonus points for that timely decapitation joke.

• Nate says:

Wow, I am glad we dont see many interviewers that ignorant about what to ask in an MMA interview.

TIP: Start with things fans would like to hear for the fight tonight. Not about his being a cop before his MMA career.

• TMAC says:

It was better than the other dude that interviewed Rampage and asked 3 times for a howl only to have Rampage come close to giving a detailed descriptions of the agony he was in just having cut weight for the weigh-ins. I’ve never cut weight so I can’t say first hand, but everything I’m told is that its is agony.

The ‘tard is the producer at ESPN that scheduled the interviews just prior to weigh-ins.

• HexRei says:

@#9: The Page interviewer was much better. He only asked for the howl twice, at the beginning and end, and what’s wrong with asking a fighter to do their gimmick? He couldn’t have known Page would be too exhausted to howl 😛

And at least he stuck to the fight and didn’t start grilling Page about what he did for a living before fighting.

Agreed that right BEFORE weighins was a bad slot for the interview though… it should have been an hour AFTER, when they’d got a gallon of fluid back into their body.

• JohnnyRev says:

Despite it being totally dumbed-down and almost uncomfortable, the interview was a good tool to those with no understanding of MMA. Forrest shines when he is interviewed, and this was no exception. He is the type of personality that can spark interest in the non-fan. I think that he and BJ are the most marketable fighters in the world under contract right now. you better believe Dana is wishing for a upset.

• Rich S. says:

why so many cop questions??
    wasn’t the interview about Forrest/Rampage??