More fights added for Aug. 3 WEC show

wec-logo1.jpgThe WEC has officially announced two new matches for its upcoming show on Sunday, August 3 in Las Vegas, Nevada at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino.

A bantamweight battle between Damacio Page and Brian Bowles along with a featherweight clash between Micah Miller and Josh Grispi were both recently announced via the WEC’s official website.

Also, MMAWeekly.com is reporting that a welterweight match between former number welterweight title contenders Brock Larson and Carlo Prater has been added to the show as well.

The Aug. 3 show will be televised on VERSUS and will feature three title fights with Brian Stann defending his light heavyweight title vs. Steve Cantwell; Carlos Condit putting up his welterweight crown against Hiromitsu Miura; and recently crowned lightweight king Jamie Varner making his first-ever title defense against Marcus Hicks.

• Mike C. says:

I love the WEC. The best matchmaking in mma.

• JOe K. says:

I want to see Grispi fight again.

GO FLUKE!

• Jeremy says:

I wish we could see every fight of these cards. If they did a cheaper PPV, $29.95 or something like that I would buy it for most of their cards.

• Zack with a ck says:

The best everything in MMA. They are the org of the year so far based on the overall quality of cards to date and FOTY candidates. I’d rank DREAM a distant second then the UFC third.

• Rich S. says:

“I love the WEC. The best matchmaking in mma”

quoted for truth, my friend..

i love the WEC. I like every card they have.

I mean, come on.. Varner/Hicks? Condit/Miura? Stann/Cantwell 2? those matches are GREAT..

i’ve been waiting for a rematch between Stann and Cantwell since i saw the first fight.. that was a horrible stoppage and Cantwell was definitely still in the fight..

• double A-ron says:

That truly has to be the best card put together by any organization thus far this year.Wow! I feel as if i should pay to watch it on ppv or something. Awesome

• […] Kimbo Vs. Rogers in October Jump to Comments The website Fightline.com is reporting that Kimbo Slice will return to action in October against Brett Rogers. Rogers was […]

• DPK says:

Love me some WEC, great fights with evenly matched guys.