Gomi vs. Horodecki at Sengoku 4?

MMAWeekly’s rumor section quietly has a matchup between Takanori Gomi and Chris Horodecki as the only listed bout for Sengoku 4 on August 24th.

If the bout happens, Gomi is again matched up with someone perfect for his style. Much like Ludwig, Horodecki is a striking fighter who can’t strike with Gomi.

Bouts like this might well save Sengoku, which most fight fans have found to be very hit and miss (mostly the latter). Regardless of the matchup and outcome, the fight should be entertaining despite being a bit of a mismatch for the young Horodecki.

HT: BE

• HexRei says:

I’m not sure I agree that Horodecki can’t strike with Gomi. The only guy who has defeated chris so far is Ryan Schulz and he did it with wrestling via ground and pound. I think Horodecki has a great chance, unless Gomi decides to start shooting and using his wrestling background, which I don’t see happening. I think he’s going to underestimate the babyfaced Hammer and end up getting TKO’ed.

• Mike C. says:

Horodecki is going to lose this fight badly. He is not ready for this level of opponent.

• Evan says:

I agree with Hex…I’ll take Chris in this one.

• Ross says:

I love Hordecki- that kid brings it. good luck to him.

• ultmma says:

yeah i like this fight. Chris has a puncher’s chance. i’ll be looking forward to this 1

• Jordan says:

Seems like a stupid match up. Horodecki is not ready for that caliber opponent.

• Kogepan says:

….Gomi gets NO love.

All this hype for Horodecki when he’s fighting in the IFL, but when he gets matched up against Gomi suddenly he’s just another tomato can setup by those wily Japanese promoters?

• Kogepan says:

I suppose ‘top calibre’ TUF fighters like Stevenson or washed up has-beens like Pulver would be better opponents for Gomi

• Sergio G. Hernandez says:

Stevenson is better than Horodecki.

• Mike G says:

Pulver is not quite washed , he have Faber one hell of a fight but faber was just better,
    Gomi would/will probably knock Hordoecki out, he has alot power in his hands and his wrestling is alot better then Hordoecki, so i see the Polish hammer getting rocked

• Rich S. says:

you can like Hordecki all you want, but the bottom line is, he doesn’t want any of Gomi..

• Paulie T says:

U guys r buggin hordecki has a better chin and the stad up game is just as good if not better it will be great fight and the hammer will pull off a upset and it wouldnt be the first time