TUF 7 Finale Fight of the Night: Hazelett vs. Burkman (video)

hazelett_burkman5.jpg

Dustin Hazelett was awarded Fight of the Night and Submission of the Night bonuses for his performance Saturday night. This bout was on the undercard so many UFC fans didn’t get to see it. UFC.com has pushed this fight video to its video player for viewers to watch for free (they usually charge $1.99 for fight video).

WATCH Hazelett vs. Burkman fight video.

Check out more TUF 7 Finale content on FiveOuncesofPain.com

• matt says:

That sequence of submissions was amazing. So was that final armbar from wizzar

• StayDown says:

His BJJ has gotten even better since I last rolled with him. That transition from the wizzar to the arm bar was great. He said something I liked after the fight. He said his BJJ instructors once told him that once you reach a certain level it is not about individual moves.

Congrats Lil D!

• Tertio says:

There is no reason why ALL fights showed on a SPIKE card shouldnt be downloadable for free.

• paddiosf says:

that was a good fight, Hazelett is a good young fighter..

• Mike C. says:

I was impressed by him before but that was beautiful. I can’t believe burkman didn’t tap in the first round.

• JOe K. says:

#3

I totally agree

• RealDrew says:

I thought Burkman was winning the standup but his left eye looked bad at the end of the fight. Hazelett is no joke. If he can work on his stand up a little more he will be tough for anyone at 170.

After seeing Hazelett’s BJJ acumen in this fight, I’m wondering why he didn’t look to take the fight to the ground against Kos.

• Jesse says:

Sweet. Nothing better than a sneaky, well-executed sub.

• Freedom says:

Hazeletts standup is already better than it was his last fight. Great finish!

• Jim says:

That was a pretty nice fight. Wish it would’ve made it to the main card; I guess that’s why they’re offering it for free, though.

I loved how, at the end of the first round, they touched gloves again, as if in mutual admission of, “Yeah, you’re a pretty tough SOB.”

• bjjdenver says:

#3, nice one, I totally agree.

After punishing us with all the freakin’ commercials and especially the filler fluff between fights, that would be nice of them. I know the commercials pay the bills, but all the other interviews and stuff is just to much. 5 fights in 3 hours is a painful pace. Of course not counting the Eastman/McFedries throw in at the end.

• Cathedron says:

That fight was awesome. Kudos to the UFC for giving the fans a little something. Hell, they didn’t have to show the McFedries fight either, but I’m glad they tossed it onto the end of the show. Now this. I’m guessing everyone in the UFC thought that fight was too good not to show somewhere. Why don’t they do that a little more often? I don’t mind sitting through a few commercials if it means I get to see some of the best of the undercards. Do they really make much off of the undercards @ $1.99/each? I know I’ve never paid for one of those. Seems like those fights might be worth more if they were free on the website with a little advertising thrown in.

• HexRei says:

@#12 They pretty much always show one of the undercard fights at the end of the show.

• SayDown says:

13 , yes they do but if we are watching free fights on Spike why not give us the undercard fights for free as well? Let us watch the other fights for free and on the PPV you can still charge $1.99 for the undercard fights.

• JOe K. says:

# 11

You should agree with me there by agreeing with #3

• HexRei says:

#14 I agree with you. But if you read the post above mine, he was congratulating the UFC for showing an undercard fight at the end, and asked “Why dont they do this a little more often?” and I was simply saying that they do it pretty much every single show now, which perhaps #12 hadn’t noticed.

• jrod says:

what i dont understand is how a fight that makes “sub of the night” AND “fight of the night ” doesnt make it to air.its an insult to those awarded and to the award. especially if when mclovin got 2 awards.

• […] complaint notwithstanding, go watch Hazelett vs. Burkman on UFC.com. It’s free, awesome and made McLovin a lot of […]