Report: UFC announcement postponed again

According to Pramit Mohapatra of FightTicker.com, UFC officials have informed him that their huge announcement to be made to the company’s workforce has been postponed for a second time.

Instead of the announcement coming today, it will now apparently come Wednesday.

• FT says:

WRONG SOURCE AGAIN! Figure four weekly had it first. Pramit takes new scoops and says they are his own.

• Fabricio says:

LOL would that be the Same Wednesday that the NY Assembly is revoting on MMA in NY??

LOL—-Busted Dana, BUSTED!!!!

• Steven says:

The announcment was moved up 1 day from Thursday not back 1 day from today

• Danny says:

i dont think i care anymore

• Evan says:

“i dont think i care anymore”

yes you do

• Tanner says:

Nah its not worth caring about. Dana has been known to blow smoke up our asses to announce something that has never come to fruition or wasn’t that big of a deal in the first place. While NY legalizing MMA is a big step its not that huge to me, not mind blowing, and its something they’re been working on the last 5 years. I don’t really think its going to change the landscape of MMA for the years to come. To me, a network deal or Dana buying UFC from the fertitas with other investors is a way bigger deal/announcement then ny legislation. Hell the budlight deal seemed like a bigger announcement

• jamo says:

there gonna bring tito ortiz in as danas right hand man!!!lol

• Pramit says:

FT,
    Who the hell are you and what makes you the police on this sort of stuff?

I talked directly to the UFC for my info and sourced them as such. The Figure 4 article had no sourcing and in all honesty I wasn’t aware of it until long after I had talked to the UFC and posted my article…

Don’t hide behind your alias. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have a problem with my journalistic practices.

Thanks.

• pitbull17 says:

The only way for this to be a good announcement now is, if and when it’s legalized in NY, the ufc’s first show is at MSG on espn. otherwise i could care less

• RustyNailz says:

Maybe UFC should stop announcing their going to be making a “big announcement”

• Vern says:

Pramit, blogs aren’t journalism and I say that as a blogger myself.

• Nate says:

FT,
    There are plenty of writers to irrationally criticize. Please, while you are on a reputable site like this one, please stick it only to the horrible ones. There are not many good ones out there.

Pramit is one of the rare good ones. I’ve been following him for a while. He is obviously a fan of the sport, is a known journalist (good writer), picks good topics, and seems to leverage his access and respect in the fight community.

Before I found 5oz and MMAjunkie, he was one of the few knowledgeable journalists that I enjoyed following. He wasnt another clueless site /journalist that jumped on the MMA bandwagon.

Thanks,
    Nate (just another fan)

PS: Sherdog is a great site to go on if you want to say stupid $(@*, argue who could take Chuck Norris, or endlessly debate who the best p4p fighter is.

• Pramit says:

Vern,
    Blogs can indeed be journalistic in nature. There is no rule that says a blog can’t have journalistic qualities. Just because you have a blog doesn’t mean you don’t or can’t practice journalism.

For example, this site (5 oz) and Junkie are two great examples of “blogs” that are journalistic. My site aspires to be the same.

• Kogepan says:

Dana White is an idiot. That is all.