The UFC held their weigh-ins for tomorrow’s UFC 85 event in London earlier in the day, and the big news is that Thiago Alves failed to make weight for Saturday’s main event vs. Matt Hughes.
Alves weighed in at 174 pounds but the match will remain on the card and will be contested as a catchweight. However, you have to wonder what this will do for the stock of Alves in the eyes of the UFC. Should he win, will a victory at catchweight be viewed as a step closer to a welterweight title fight? The fallout should be interesting.
Below are the full results of the weigh-ins:
- Thiago Alves (174) vs. Matt Hughes (170)
- Jason Day (184) vs. Michael Bisping (184)
- Mike Swick (170) vs. Marcus Davis (170)
- Thales Leites (185) vs. Nate Marquardt (185)
- Fabricio Werdum (247) vs. Brandon Vera (228)
- Martin Kampmann (186) vs. Jorge Rivera (185)
- Thiago Tavares (154.5) vs. Matt Wiman (155)
- Roan Carneiro (171) vs. Kevin Burns (170)
- Luiz Cane (204) vs. Jason Lambert (205)
- Jess Liaudin (169) vs. Paul Taylor (169)
- Eddie Sanchez (244) vs. Antoni Hardonk (247)