Round 5 MMA action figures Series 1 available; Sherk in for Series 2

round5_group2.jpg
This site first told you about the Round 5 MMA action figures back in Oct ‘07 (here) and we are pleased to announce that they are finally ready to purchase. You can get yours right now at MMA Warehouse. They are also available at KB Toys and f.y.e. (USA) and Toys R Us (Canada).

Series 1 features Randy Couture, Rampage Jackson, Matt Hughes and Tito Ortiz. MMAMania.com is reporting that Series 2 will feature Sean Sherk, Rich Franklin and Anderson Silva. The fourth action figure spot may go to Forrest Griffin, Wanderlei Silva, or BJ Penn. I’d like to see Penn or Wandy. Not sure if Griffin is at “action figure” status just yet…

• Ross says:

Sean Sherk??? must refrain from making easy joke…..aaahhh I cant do it—-
    So will his action figure come with a syringe or is that extra….
    ahhh Im going to Hell.

• David says:

No offense to Sherk, but I think GSP is more deserving of an action figure.

• Sam Caplan says:

Do these action figures finally mean we’ll get to see some UFC parodies on Robot Chicken?

• Derek B. says:

no chuck liddell?

• D says:

finally!!!

• D says:

Will Rich Franklin’s come with the black eye….I kid, I kid 😉

• Davey D says:

Sam, that would be funny as hell bro. I also think they should take out Sherk and put in both Wanderlei and BJ Penn.

Sean deffinatly has the action figure look but what with his steriod debacle last year and his recent loss to Penn; the timing just doesn’t seem right to me. Now, if Sean were to win a couple more bout’s then I’d say sure, put the Muscle Shark on the production line. If anything, they could leave Sean in the picture here and still do Wand and BJ’s one’s too.

It’s a little funny to me that we’re even talking about UFC fighter’s having their own action figures. But, Pride FC did it for a long time and their’s were always spectacular. This is another reminder of just how big the UFC is in America’s culture nowadays. Or “pop” culture if you will.

Cheers!!!

• Mike Wolfe says:

Sherk can’t be that much taller than his figure, can he?

• Bad Monkey says:

Forrest isn’t action figure worthy?? Bullsh*t!!! The guy has more personality than anybody in MMA right now except maybe Rampage. If they make one of Forrest I will buy it, and place it next to my bed so it can guard me from the evil spirits at night.

• Matt C. says:

I’m a big fan of Forrest, but if action figures were made based on personality, why Sherk? I think Penn and GSP and Wandy would sell very well.

• ultmma says:

wow those things look lame. Todd McFarlene toys needs to a cut a deal with some MMA fighters. McFarlene already has deals with the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB.

High quality actions figures/toys/ collector items

These remind me of the cheap 1980’s WWF wrestling figures

• Sergio G. Hernandez says:

They really don’t look ANYTHING like the old WWF figures and I’m drawing a blank as to how a connection could be made…

They’re not made to be hyper-realistic like McFarlane’s figures. They’re almost caricatures… they’re fun.

Although Hughes’ face leaves a little to be desired. I NEED that Rampage, though…

• Brandon Sanchez says:

#7 – Davey D. Sam is not your “bro”, and Sam did not write the article.

Almost!

This really irritates me when I see this in the comments. All of the writers here are great, and author name is right under the post title. Doesn’t everyone read that?

• Rich S. says:

LOL @ #3!!

introducing the Melvin Guillard Action Figure.. when you take him out of the package.. if you check his pocket.. you’ll find a miniature bag of coke 😉

or…
    howabout the new Brock Lesnar toy! with an add-on penis tattoo!! 😉 [there is always jokes about his “sword” tattoo]

and now.. GSP’s new action figure!
    pull the string on his back to here “I was not imbrezzed by your lazt performanze..” 😉

Now, last but not least, Tim Sylvia’s new action figure!
    It comes with a cage for him to hump! 😉

• Sam Caplan says:

Brandon, if someone wants to call me bro in a friendly context, it’s fine by me. I also think Davey was referring to my Robot Chicken comment in response to Matt’s post.

• Rich S. says:

#13,
    i think he was referring to Sam’s comment on #3… rather than thinking Sam wrote the article..

and #8,
    it was only a matter of time before we got a height joke… well done.. lol..

ps- i wanna see a “Jiu-Jistu Guy” action figure.. because he’s the best.. at everything..

hahahaha..

• jj says:

its funny how the ufc has no problems profiting off randy coutures likeness and at the same time no problem trying to ruin his career/life.

• jj says:

oh and when will the dana white action figure be coming out? ive got all these extra firecrackers….

• Jason Brewer says:

I thought crappy action figures of fighters was an asian phenomenon…apparently I was mistaken

• Bad Monkey says:

Yep, the Dana action figure will have a string you pull and then it says, ‘Fuck’ ten times in a row.

• Mike Wolfe says:

#20.

LOL. I sure hope so. I’d pay double for that. Is it just me, or should Tito’s figure have it’s mouth wide open? Maybe a tear in his eye?

• Rich S. says:

lol..
    call me crazy..
    but shouldn’t Tito’s head be at least 2 times bigger than the other figrures’ heads??

and where’s the “Dana is my bitch” shirt?

• Mike Wolfe says:

They should do a special set with both Tito and Ken Shamrock–Tito with both middle fingers extended and Ken on his back with X’s over his eyes.

• Rich S. says:

or howabout Nick Diaz with both middle fingers extended and an EXC Referee!

that would be cool.

but..
    i still liked my idea w/ Tim Sylvia and the Cage..

lol..

I WISH THIS ARTICLE COULD GO ON FOREVER..

• Matt C. says:

In an interview, Couture said Round 5 MMA is working directly with the fighters, no middle man. UFC is not involved in the deals with these action figures. The fighters make money of figures sold – unlike the UFC DVD’s which fighters get nothing from sales…

• mike wolfe says:

#24

Nick’s action figure has to show him with a big ‘ol blunt, giving the finger to some poindexter from an athletic commission.

• Rich S. says:

you’re right.. lol…

• kaneohe97 says:

#8 that’s funny stuff. Now, how can they include Sherk but not Penn? Penn should be in there already. And where’s Chucky doll? Wouldn’t it be funny if they gave the Chuck doll a beer pooch belly.