Report: Karo Parisyan added to UFC 87

According to a report over the weekend by MMAjunkie.com, welterweight fighter Karo Parisyan has been added to the card for UFC 87 on August 9 at the Target Center in Minneapolis, MN.

The site did not report an opponent for Parisyan, but indicated that George Sotiropoulos was the original choice but that he was unable to accept the bout due to injury.

Parisyan had indicated on “Inside MMA” last December that he was in line for a shot at the welterweight title. However, he elected to fight before it was his time to receive his shot and he lost his opportunity to fight for the title following an upset loss to Thiago Alves at UFC Fight Night 13 this past April.

For Parisyan, he is viewing his match at UFC 87 with a sense of urgency.

“At this point in my life I’m trying to change a lot of stuff in my life,” Parisyan is quoted as saying by MMAjunkie.com. “It’s either do or die for me now. God forbid. I can’t handle two losses in a row.”

UFC 87 is scheduled to be headlined by a match featuring UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre defending his title against Jon Fitch. Bouts between Brock Lesnar and Heath Herring and Kenny Florian vs. Roger Huerta are on tap as well.

• Jason Brewer says:

This card does nothing for me…

• Evan says:

“This card does nothing for me…”

Really?!?!?!

Georges St. Pierre vs. Jon Fitch for the UFC welterweight title
    Brock Lesnar vs. Heath Herring
    Kenny Florian vs. Roger Huerta
    Cheick Kongo vs. Dan Evensen
    Demian Maia vs. Jason MacDonald
    Tamdan McCrory vs. Luke Cummo
    Manny Gamburyan vs. Rob Emerson
    Frankie Edgar vs.
    Karo

• Bear says:

Looks like a good MMA card. Not some bush league crap. This should appeal to all MMA’ers in that there is a good mix of everything here. At least it now has a real main event. Lesnar like kimbo, is not ready for headliner status yet. GSP on the other hand I could watch each PPV in a fight.

• JacRabbit says:

The card is slowly getting better

• eazye says:

Junkie has Edgar facing a returning Hermes Franca

• Mike Wolfe says:

I think it’s a great card. I can see it now: Gamburyan ko’s Emerson while Emerson tries to touch gloves, but Emerson and his buddies catch Manny at a convenience store later that evening and beat him down.

• 87 is actually interesting. Lesnar v. Herring will be worth the price of admission alone

85 on the other hand…wow, takes balls to ask for people to shell out for the PPV. It should be on Spike.