CBS EliteXC Saturday Night Fights Pics

EliteXC “Primetime” photos from the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ.

Slice vs Thompson
Kimbo busting open Thompson’s ear in Rd 3. Fight was stopped shortly after.

Carano vs Young
One of many front kicks that Carano used to keep Young out of range.

Lawler vs Smith
Lawler connects solidly with one of the few leg kicks he through at Smith.

Baroni vs Villasenor
Villasenor finishes off Baroni against the cage.

Murphy vs Rogers
Rogers cracks Murphy first as they throw at the same time.

Photos courtesy of TOM CASINO/EliteXC

Check out more CBS Saturday Night Fights content on Five Ounces of Pain.

• Bored says:

I am offically off the Kimbo band-wagon. He’s celebrity statise looks as if it is getting to his head. He is out of shape and under trained. All he can do is hit hard, poor Kimbo when he faces real talent.

• d-train says:

LMAO when Mauro said “Kimbo should attack that alien life form that used to be known as Thompson’s ear”

• CacophonyKid says:

Front kicks in MMA? Crazy.

• Beef says:

Yeah, the “alien life form” comment made me laugh out loud.

• Bad Monkey says:

I’ll be honest, I really thought Gina was in for an ass whuppin’, but she fought very well. I was impressed and it will be great to see her fight after going thru a real training camp. I will say that she looked a LOT heavier than Kaitlin though. I think she gained back 10 lbs. at least after the weigh ins.

My only other criticism, which isn’t her fault, is why they feel the need to show her Dad running into the cage after she fights? Just because the dude was a scrub for the Cowboys in the freakin’ ’70s?? C’mon……

Either way, congrats to Gina and Kaitlin both as theirs was one of the best fights of the night.

• Kogepan says:

Carano needs to dump American Gladiators now that she has finished two seasons of that show. There’s no benefit to doing a third season, espcially if she needs to be at 150+.

She’d be much better off fighting 3 times a year at 135 on CBS.

• Ryan Seacrest says: