Faber and Pulver prepare for June 1

The weekend of May 31-June 1 is going to be huge for MMA fans. On Saturday, you have EliteXC’s debut on CBS. Then on Sunday, the WEC will return on VERSUS with what could be the biggest card in its history. Below is video of WEC featherweight champion Urijah Faber and challenger Jens Pulver talking about their big fight coming up on June 1.

• Sam Cupitt says:

I am very much pumped for this fight… only slightly behind penn/sherk and silva/jardine but on par with Fedor and Timmy.

• jaydog says:

Give me one reason why this fight won’t look just like Penn/Pulver 2. (but I’m also pumped for this fight).

• Noah says:

@ jaydog

While I can’t say you’re completely wrong, I can give you a reason why it won’t look like Penn/Pulver 2. Penn is a big 155 who can easily fight at 170, Pulver is a small 155 who should be competing at 145. It’s a given that Pulver is not as strong as Faber, but Pulver is used to fighting guys who are bigger than him. At least in this fight, Pulver and Faber should be about the same size.

That doesn’t mean I think Pulver will win, but I will be rooting for him. It’s fun to watch tiny guys fight!

• John says:

This fight is going to be incredible, I am so stoked for the next month.

• hindsightufuk says:

yep im fucking pumped for this too, some damn good fights coming up in the next few weeks

• Mike Wolfe says:

I’m extremely interested in Pulver/Faber. Is Pulver a threat in the 145 lb. class? Will Faber be able to dominate Pulver like he did Curran? Great match, and a great card.

• bubbafat says:

I dunno. Pulver choked out Cub pretty quick(what was that?some sort of Brabo?). Faber has superior ground and Pulvers boxing should be good.