Wandy’s snorkel training (video)

You gotta see this. Wanderlei Silva working out in snorkel gear.

Thanks to Raw Vegas for the vid.

Check out more Wanderlei Silva content on FiveOuncesofPain.com

• Patrick says:

Hypoxia training makes my everything hurt.

• JoeRoganIsAnAss says:

Kids, seriously, do not try this at home!

• Trevor says:

Wand is a good dude. I’d love to see him beat Jardine and then go on to fight Liddell once more for the title shot. Give the title shot between Griffin and the winner of Liddell/Silva 2 to Evans if he beats Irvin.

• Patrick says:

Trevor, I’d look to put Hendo in against the winner of Silva/Jardine or Liddel/Evans. Or something similar to that, Hendo just having lost to Rampage previously in the 205 division still puts him somewhere up there deserving of gatekeeping to #1 contender after the Griffin/Rampage fight.

• HexRei says:

i think they showed some of this on his All Access ep… it didn’t seem like he had more gas than usual to me vs Chuck.

• Eric says:

hexrei-
    yeah they showed it before his fight with Liddell

• MMA SKOOL™ says:

Wand seems like a nice guy. Very different in interviews than the personality he showed when he was head-stomping and taunting in PRIDE.

Makes it hard to root against him. He made a good villain in PRIDE.

• MMAKansas says:

He is doing the snorkel because first off I think he was roiding for a while in Pride.. and secondly because his nose is smashed so bad he cannot breathe from it and needs to train his body to take oxygen only from the mouth primarily… I love Wandy but the UFC and USA are much different and much more regulated and structured so its a huge change..

• Fight Fan says:

Wanderlei was better with stomps… no MMA was better with stomps and knees/kicks to the head of a downed opponent. His shootbox style is much better under Pride type rules but I still think Jardine is going down in the first (Unless he wears the snorkel in the ring).

• Evan says:

“He is doing the snorkel because first off I think he was roiding for a while in Pride”

I think you mean blood doping, not roids.

• FJ says:

I think he should really be training some other way. He trained like that for the Chuck fight and was gassed out in the middle of the second round.

• Dave says:

They claimed that the reason for the snorkel is because you can’t properly simulate the intensity of an MMA fight by just training the way most train. So to simulate it, they cut off oxegen through his nose to accelerate the buildup of lactact acid. When that sets in, your muscles are fatiqued and it better mimics how you’d feel in a fight.

But i agree..he didn’t look like his conditioning was that stellar in his fight against liddell.

• not as impressive or effective as fedor running 12 miles every day in high altitude terrain.