The IFL has announced the addition of seven fighters to its nine-bout show scheduled for Friday, May 16 at the Mogehan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn.
The added fighters include Fabricio Camoes, Jim Miller, Josh Souder, Lamont Lister, Nick Calandrino, Joey Guel, and Danillo Villefort.
Souder and Villefort are both products of the IFL’s Draft tryouts that took place this past Fall, while Miller made his IFL debut during the promotion’s April show. Miller improved his career MMA record to 11-1 following after defeating Bart Palaszewski via unanimous decision.
Camoes, 9-4, might be familiar to MMA fans following his first round TKO over Joe Camacho during EliteXC’s most recent ShoXC event that was held on April 5. The Brazilian is still under contract to EliteXC but has the flexibility to fight outside of his existing contract in select situations.
It’s also interesting to note that Aaron Rosa, a light heavyweight who has competed three times for EliteXC’s ShoXC is also scheduled for June’s Adrenaline MMA debut in Chicago. However, after two consecutive losses in ShoXC, it’s unknown if Rosa is still under contract to EliteXC or simply fighting with consent outside of his existing contract.
The current lineup for the IFL’s May show is as follows (it appears as though the IFL is dropping its camp vs. camp format… at least for this show):
- 205 lbs.: Aaron Stark (Portland, Ore.) (Team Quest) (2-2 IFL, 5-4 overall MMA) vs. Lamont Lister (Philadelphia) (Team Bombsquad) (0-0, 5-3)
- 170 lbs.: John Howard (Boston) (0-0 IFL, 8-3 overall MMA) vs. Nick Calandrino (Emerson, N.J.) (Team Bombsquad) (0-0, 5-0)
- 155 lbs.: Zac George (Norman, Okla.) (Team Quest) (1-1, 12-2) vs. Josh Souder (Mason, Ohio) (Team Prodigy) (0-0, 10-6)
- 185 lbs.: Matt Horwich (Portland, Ore.) (Team Quest) (6-4, 21-10-1) vs. Joey Guel (Oregon) (0-0, 12-5)
- 155 lbs.: Fabricio Camoes (Brazil) (World Class Fight Center) (0-0, 8-4) vs. Jim Miller (Sparta, N.J.) (Team Bombsquad/AMA Fight Club) (1-0, 11-1)
- 185 lbs.: Danillo Villefort (Pompano Beach, Fla.) (World Class Fight Center) (0-0, 6-2) vs. Mike Massenzio (Paterson, N.J.) (Team Bombsquad) (0-0, 10-1)
- 185 lbs.: *Ryan McGivern (Bettendorf, Iowa) (Miletich Fighting Systems) (6-4, 12-5) vs. Dan Miller (AMA Fight Club) (Sparta, N.J.) (1-0, 7-1)
- 265 lbs.: *Roy Nelson (Las Vegas) (Lion’s Den) (5-1, 12-2) vs. Branden Lee Hinkle (Weirton, W. Va.) (0-0, 13-9)
- 155 lbs.: *Ryan Schultz (North Platte, Neb.) (Team Quest) (6-2, 19-9-1) vs. Deividas Taurosevicius (Lithuania) (Renzo Gracie) (3-0, 9-2)