Fedor’s manager says fight vs. Sylvia not signed

Vadim Finkelstein, the proprietor of the M-1 franchise and the manager of former PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko, has issued a comment regarding reports that Emelianenko is set to face former two-time UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia on July 19.

According to Finkelstein’s statement, the bout between the two top-ten heavyweights is not quite a done deal.

“At the moment we can’t certainly say the bout will take place come July because the contract is not signed,” Finkelstein is quoted as saying on the website M1Mixfight.com. “However, the both parties are involved in the negotiation process and we are about to break the finishing tape although we haven’t come to an agreement concerning every detail as of yet”

If an agreement between Fedor and Sylvia is finalized, it is believed that the clothing line Affliction will be one of the primary promoters behind the proposed event, which would likely emanate from the American Airlines Arena in Dallas, Texas.

• canuck says:

i’m always amazed by the amount of drama, rumour and denial that swirl around Emelianenko. For a guy who doesn’t like to fight a serious opponent, he certainly gets a lot of press.

• NealTaflinger says:

I’m surprised they just don’t forego paper contracts altogether and just spit in their palms.

• Guy Gaduois says:

Taflinger – maybe the reason it’s so hard to get a contract done is that they do it old, old – primitive man – school, cut the palm with a piece of flint and make a blood contract. Then go have a nice Pteradactyl burger.
    Aye, ’tis a question to be raysed at thee olde parley.
    (sorry, I couldn’t come up with any caveman speak, so . . . Pirate-ese.)

• mike wolfe says:

I won’t count on the fight happening until they’re both touching gloves. It seems particularly difficult to negotiate with Fedor’s management for whatever reason.

• CAP says:

This definitely makes me worry a bit if this match up will fall apart. I feel Fedor is completely legit as the top HW but if he backs out of this I will have to question his status and his motivation to prove he is #1. He has all the skills to prove it and here is his chance. This has really got me excited!

• RedSweat says:

Man this is ridiculous. I can’t believe he confirmed this fight and now this. Whats next?

• Echolocating says:

I have a feeling that Fedor doesn’t really care or even know what the rest of the world thinks about his recent absence from fighting formidable opponents. I mean, does he get flak from Russian media and websites? Probably not enough, if any.

If this fight happens, I’ll definitely be interested in the outcome… but I won’t go out of my way to watch it.

• jj says:

I used to think Fedor was the greatest, but now Fedor loses another fan everyday with this indecisive bullshit.

I was just on the tipping point when I saw the Sylvia fight was signed and went back to being a Fedor fan.

One of these years if (not when) Fedor actually decides to fight is there going to be anyone left who cares?

I think we can all thank the Fertita’s for destroying Pride and creating this mess.

• JEFF THE DRUNK says:

more drama from the fedor propaganda camp for those who still care

• Derek B. says:

Fedor is and always will be one of the greatest fighters of all time.

• twankydawg says:

LMAO @ people hating on Fedor for his managements decisions. Like Fedor sits there and negotiates himself. He pays his management to oversee those things for him, he just wants to know when and who he’s fighting so he can prepare, the rest his up to Finkelslime.

Fedor is the greatest MMA fighter of all time and anyone who doesn’t agree with that doesn’t have a clue about this sport.

• Ryan Seacrest says:

Hmmmm….This is not fair. I want to see Fedor fight Randy first. Twankydawg I would not say that right now Fedor is the greatest based on the fact that he has not had a decent punching bag in front of him in a while. While I don’t think that Randy is the better fighter but I must say I would go out of my way to see Fedor vs. Randy but Fedor vs. I cannot finish a fight Sylvia…… But I guess I don’t have a clue about this sport.

• Fight Fan says:

#1 Canuck and all those that say Fedor dosn’t fight serious opponents let me say this:
    1) The UFC destroyed Pride FC the promotion that he was the champion of.
    2) He couldn’t come to terms with the UFC(whos fault that was we will never know).
    3) He has never ducked anyone.
    4) He has fought and beaten all fighters he has been in the ring with, including Mark Coleman (UFC champ and Pride FC grand prix champ), Semmy Schilt (K1 world grand prix champ), Antonio Nogueira twice! (UFC champ and Pide FC champ), Heath Herring (Pride FC champ and UFC contender), Mirko Crocop (Pride FC grand prix champ), Renato Babalu, Kenin Randleman, Kosaka, Lindland and the list goes on.
    5) Not only did he beat those fighters but he completely dominated all of them.
    6) He is 27 wins and 1 loss (from an illeagal elbow that caused a cut).
    Who else has such a resume?. Randy(16 win 8 loss)?.
    Thats why there is the hype…duhh.

• Ryan Seacrest says:

Renato Babalu…….. Bum…….Randleman…..Steroid freek and Nogueira is an interim HW Champ. Punching bags

• Fight Fan says:

Do you think Randy is coming back…lol.
    Besides he is a better fighter than Randy who can’t even keep the LHW belt. They say Randy is a 2 time heavy weight champ as if its a good thing but you know why?… ’cause he loses every third fight and he has to wait for someone he can beat to get the title so he can claim it again.
    Fedor hasn’t lost any belts or fights for tha matter.
    As for Randleman being a steroid freak does that make him easier or harder to beat?. Steroids are performance inhancing!.
    Babalu is top 10 LHW he’s beaten Shogun, Jeremy Horn and Forest Griffin I think, thats no bum.
    P.S.American Idol stinks.

• fedor needs to fight. randy could be tied up in this thing for a very long time and who knows when it will get straightend out. for starters, fedor needs to knock some rust off every once in a while, second he should take advantage of fighting some decent talent while he can. i dont think he has to take on no 1 contenders every fight but at least stay active. i dont think randy vs fedor will happen as soon as his court battle is over any way. it would be very foolish of randy to fight fedor in his first fight in god knows how long,whenever he is free of dana. besides that i think fedor just gets better when fights more often and they are close timewise to his other fights. i thought he fought better every fight he fought in his grand prix champioship . and to end it i just love watching him fight. probably more than any other fighter in all of mma.

• jamie says:

Fedor will kill him so it dont matter! Silvia better be glad!!!!!!!!!!!