The following are the official salaries for all 18 fighters that participated on Saturday’s EliteXC and Strikeforce co-promotion, “Shamrock vs. Le”.
According to MMA Junkie, the event, which was held at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California, had a live gate of $1, 117, 855 and drew 15, 942 attendees (14, 710 paid).
The total diclosed payroll for the show was $667, 850.
As told by MMA Junkie.com:
- Cung Le ($200,000) def. Frank Shamrock ($300,000)
- Drew Fickett ($10,000) def. Jae S. Lim ($3,000)
- Gilbert Melendez ($50,000) def. Gabe Lemley ($7,000)
- Wayne Cole ($10,000) def. Mike Kyle ($10,000)
- Joey Villasenor ($36,000) def. Ryan Jensen ($6,000)
- Billy Evangelista ($10,000) def Marlon Sims ($2,500)
- Tiki Ghosn ($8,000) def. Luke Stewart ($6,000)
- Darren Uyenoyama ($4,000) def. Anthony Figueroa ($2,000)
- Jesse Jones ($2,150) def. Jesse Gillespie ($1,200)
“Win” bonuses were handed out to Fickett ($5,000), Cole ($5,000), Villasenor ($18,000), Evangelista ($5,000), Ghosn ($2,000), Uyenoyama ($2,000) and Jones ($500).
Disclaimer: the salary figures do not include deductions for items such as insurance, licenses and taxes. Additionally, the figures do not include money paid by sponsors, which can oftentimes be a substantial portion of a fighter’s income.
Get more MMA news and Opinion on FiveOuncesOfPain.com.