Shamrock vs. Le: Official salaries

The following are the official salaries for all 18 fighters that participated on Saturday’s EliteXC and Strikeforce co-promotion, “Shamrock vs. Le”.

According to MMA Junkie, the event, which was held at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California, had a live gate of $1, 117, 855 and drew 15, 942 attendees (14, 710 paid).

The total diclosed payroll for the show was $667, 850.

As told by MMA Junkie.com:

• Cung Le ($200,000) def. Frank Shamrock ($300,000)
  • Drew Fickett ($10,000) def. Jae S. Lim ($3,000)
  • Gilbert Melendez ($50,000) def. Gabe Lemley ($7,000)
  • Wayne Cole ($10,000) def. Mike Kyle ($10,000)
  • Joey Villasenor ($36,000) def. Ryan Jensen ($6,000)
  • Billy Evangelista ($10,000) def Marlon Sims ($2,500)
  • Tiki Ghosn ($8,000) def. Luke Stewart ($6,000)
  • Darren Uyenoyama ($4,000) def. Anthony Figueroa ($2,000)
  • Jesse Jones ($2,150) def. Jesse Gillespie ($1,200)

“Win” bonuses were handed out to Fickett ($5,000), Cole ($5,000), Villasenor ($18,000), Evangelista ($5,000), Ghosn ($2,000), Uyenoyama ($2,000) and Jones ($500).

Disclaimer: the salary figures do not include deductions for items such as insurance, licenses and taxes. Additionally, the figures do not include money paid by sponsors, which can oftentimes be a substantial portion of a fighter’s income.

Get more MMA news and Opinion on FiveOuncesOfPain.com.

• Johnwall says:

Apparently, Nick Diaz would have made $50,000 if he had fought. That’s pretty generous of ProElite…They are giving him as much as Gilbert Melendez, their lightweight champ!

• Derek B. says:

thanks for the disclaimer Sam. Thats good information.

• mike wolfe says:

I’d guess that Le will see an increase in his next paycheck.

• Patrick says:

Hmmm… I wish I was paid 300k to dance around the ring and make hand gestures and stupid faces at a guy who’s repeatedly kicking me over and over again.

Frank, seriously, wake the hell up and play to your strengths… not your opponents.

Le came to put on a fight, Frank came to put on a show. Frank had come expecting to do stand up comedy but he accidentally ended up in a ring with a foot in his ribs.

Also, anyone else think Le didn’t strike for Franks legs enough? A lot of those kicks seemed to be going to the midsection and arms (seems like the arms worked out, but still).

• Chuck says:

Patrick … Le took his title with Frank fighting to Le’s strength … can you say REMATCH for MORE $$$ ? … and then when Frank takes him down, submits him, regains his title … can you say RUBBER MATCH for even MORE $$$ ?
    Come on Pat, ya gotta see the big picture for the “promoter Frank”

• Patrick says:

Here’s the thing, I don’t think Frank is that smart. I think Frank has a big mouth and that’s about it, his big mouth helps promote, but his big ego makes him fight like a moron.

Frank doesn’t have it in him to take Le down anymore, Le’s going to keep improving while Frank continues to rack up injuries.

I see that there’s possibility of money in the future, but again, Frank doesn’t fight, he does stand up comedy and gets paid for it.

• Jiu-Jitsu Guy says:

Ridiculous salary for Shamrock. I could care less about him. I also don’t understand why some guys get a ton and the other fighters get a slave wage.

Cung Le was the draw, not Shamrock. He sucks.

• Gherri Curlz says:

Shamrock sell fights better then anyone in fighting right now. Shamrock was the biggest draw of the fight. Le was the better fighter, there’s a difference

• Jiu-Jitsu Guy says:

I only cared because of Cung Le. That was why I watched the fight; to see if he could translate into an MMA fighter who already had insane kicks.

Shamrock sucks. I will say it again.