Report: EliteXC offers Fedor four fight deal

Elite Xtreme Combat has offered Fedor Emelianenko a four-fight, 18-month contract, according to a report by the website Nokaut.com.

According to the report, under terms of the proposed deal, Emelianenko’s first two fights would take place on CBS with the final two fights taking place on pay-per-view. Financial terms have not been revealed, but it is believed that Fedor is being offered a portion of PPV revenue.

Officials from EliteXC have yet to comment on the report.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE REMAINDER OF THIS ARTICLE ON SAM CAPLAN’S PROELITE.COM BLOG

• matt says:

Now Fedor has an excuse to not fight top competition with EliteXCs deep heavyweight pool of “Grim” Rogers, Big Foot, Ricco, and Kimbo. Oh maybe he can have a tune up fight with Bo Cantrell or Tank Abbott.

• Derek B. says:

PPV Revenue? When has EliteXC been on pay-per-view?

• I just want this whole Fedor drama to be over! for crying out loud he’s considered great because of his fights. Let the man fight and stop wasting time on the sidelines.
    I’d prefer he went to the UFC because that’s the deepest pools of HW’s around right now and he may attract others to go there making it deeper but regardless of where he ends up, let it be soon!

the chance to see the Kimbo myth ended in 2-3 mins is intriguing though.

• Derek B. says:

I’m more interested in seeing his brother Ivan fighting.

• matt says:

Fedor needs Tune up fights with Bo TomantoCantrell and Tank Abbot. Then maybe he can fight “Grim” Rogers, and finally Ricco. Yep, they definitely have the best heavyweight competition for him to face.

• Dan K. says:

Who? Fedors Brother? Its Aleksander not Ivan.

• Sam Caplan says:

Derek, the article states that under the proposal, Fedor’s final two fights would be on PPV. The PPV revenue would come from those reported fights.

• Evan says:

You would think only the small time shows haven’t offered him a contract.

• Sam Cupitt says:

Dan, there is another Emelianenko called Ivan, I’m not 100% sure if he’s Fedor’s brother but I know he’s related to him. I think you can youtube it to see a training video or something.

Man this Fedor saga is crazy. I think the idea of being on US mainstream television could entice Fedor’s management but I still think the money spent on Fedor will far out weigh the money they will gain from him being under their promotion.

Fedor will probably end up in the YAMMA 8-man tournament. Crazy breeds Crazy.

• Jeremy says:

I am definitely very happy to see a American organization offer him a contract. I’d love to see him fight here and possibly in the cage. But with all these rumors flying around about his contract I have a feeling this might not happen quickly or as quickly as all us fight fans might like.

• Derek B. says:

“Who? Fedors Brother? Its Aleksander not Ivan.”

He has 2 brothers Alex and Ivan. Ivan is 18 years old and I think would be fighting in middle weight devision. I dont think he’ll be fighting mma for a few more years though.

• mike wolfe says:

Does anybody know if the deal involved cash up front? Did M-1 get its money back? Has anybody spoken with Monte Cox about this story? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Sam Caplan says:

Mike, I don’t know if “involved” is a good choice of words. The report clearly states that EliteXC has made an offer. No word whether Fedor’s camp has responded. It’s also important to add that neither EliteXC or Fedor’s camp have commented publicly so the report has yet to be confirmed.

• Evan says:

He was born in 88 so he still has a way to go…

He is on the far left..this is an old pic

And a more current pic of Ivan with Aleks

Family pic with all three brothers and dad

• mike wolfe says:

Sam:

Point well taken. I’m still curious as to whether the offer involved cash up front. Wouldn’t think so given the track record of Fedor and/or his management, but who knows.

• Derek B. says:

“Ivan is his brother…Fedor stated he has no interest in MMA but that was awhile ago and he does Sambo now.”

• Evan says:

“I think that statement wasn’t accurate from Fedor. I remember that he said Ivan wouldn’t be competing in MMA until he was ready to.”

Yeah…probably lost in translation. They probably took it to literal.

• Chris says:

Hey Sam. Thanks for the report.

Having the final two fights on pay-per view would make sense, if Randy Couture’s contract is over by the time one of those fights would be scheduled to take place.

I would drop $45.00 for that fight. Especially if they reinforced it with a good undercard.

• woooburn says:

ivan kinda looks like “dirk the turk”.

i too am a bit anxious for this whole fedor debachle to be over with, and have tried to avoid even reading menial developments, but i dont see this happening. my money is on him signing with dream (ring vs cage), and then doing the couture fight as a one-off through golden boy somehow. whatever happens, they just need to make a damn decision already.

• Evan says:

What bugs me the most about Fedor is the lack of information and then the constant incorrect information with what is reported. Everyone thought he was with M-1 and that wasn’t the case, everyone thought Fedor’s team was in this long negotiation with the UFC and Dana says they only met once.

I think everyone is doing their best but its weird how news comes from that camp. I hope when Monte washes his hands from M-1 completely he will be open and share how Fedor’s team operates.

• slimm says:

Fedor is simply going back to Japan imo, but then again if he were to sign with elite he would destroy their hw division with realitive ease, make his money and leave….. who would they have to seriously challenge Fedor??

• Brent says:

• woooburn says:

slimm: clearly you have forgotten the one man wrecking crew known as bo cantrell.

• Evan says:

“clearly you have forgotten the one man wrecking crew known as bo cantrell.”

hah

If they couldn’t get Josh why do they think they can get Fedor? This is just saber rattling to get attention.

• slimm says:

my apologies woooburn how could i ever look past bo cantrell, thx for pointing it out to me…….

thx for the laughter, seriously thx

• Derek B. says:

it doesn’t seem like Fedor would even want to be with one org. Seems like he wants to sign 1 fight contracts.

• Ian says:

As a Showtime subscriber I’d love it. EliteXC is more likely to make a Barnett fight happen than the UFC. I’d also laugh my ass off if they put Kimbo in there with him. I don’t care what anyone says, that’s good entertainment. At this point, what else is there? Barnett or Randy. Unless I’m mistaken, those are about the only 2 tests he has yet to pass.

EliteXC could offer Fedor the same competition that the UFC, Dream, or any other promotion in the world could.

None.

• Rln says:

““I hope when Monte washes his hands from M-1 completely he will be open and share how Fedor’s team operates.”

Yeah, I’m sure Monte can’t wait to publicly air his grievances with the Russian mafia.”

Monte said yesterday that he was done as president of M1 and they have an agreement to not publicly bash one another. 😉

• slimm says:

test for Fedor: Josh, Randy,Tim (ehh), hell Big Ben(?), a grizzly bear?

i do wish he signs with someone soon get these fights together, so we can see him in a true fight again, not a sideshow….. hell have him fight Frank Mir i dont care, not someone who is 7ft some shit… he needs to find competition soon or the great Heavy Weight from Russia will be remebered for not seeking competiton just seeking dollars, but hey really cant blame the guy for that it all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, cheers

• cyph says:

I think the grizzly bear’s ground and pound would be too much for Fedor.

What are they feeding these Emelianenkos? Ivan at 18 is as big as Alek. Fedor is a midget next to these two.

• cwc says:

FEDOR VS KIMBO!

• Matt D. says:

EliteXC would be a great place for Fedor to start his MMA career. CBS and EliteXC would love it because they would start their relationship with the best heavyweight in the world. Having Fedor signed to a 4 fight deal would draw top tier heavyweights from other organizations who wanted to face the best. I hope it happens!

• i think it would be a graet move for fedor toget some exposure frome american audiences without having to join the ufc. then people who have never actually seen the king fight would shut their mouths for a while, stand back and see what makes him the best fighter in the world.