twitter google

Anderson Silva not happy with Yushin Okami

Remember when I said a rematch between UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva and Yushin Okami wasn’t marketable? Well, there’s a chance I might have been wrong.

In a new interview with Josh Gross of Sherdog.com, Silva addresses a number of topics, including his thoughts about Okami’s DQ victory over Silva during Rumble on the Rock’s 175 lbs. tournament in January of 2006.

In that match, Silva was disqualified after delivering an illegal kick to Okami. The kick in question took place when Silva’s right foot connected with Okami’s face while the two were on the ground with Silva on his back and Okami in top position.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE REMAINDER OF THIS ARTICLE ON SAM CAPLAN’S PROELITE.COM BLOG

15 COMMENTS
  • d-train says:

    silva’s gonna maul okami…… i can’t wait!!!

  • hindsightufuk says:

    anyone which ROTR card it was on?

  • bubbafat says:

    pretty sly Sam, giving us the link for a couple more sentences

  • bigfish042 says:

    Bubbafat…….

    No offense Sam, but every time you do one of these articles, 90% is on 5 oz of pain, then have to go to Pro ELite link for the other 10%.

    You have to go to another site just to read one last sentence, sometimes 2. I understand that he is killing 2 birds with 1 stone. He gets traffic on BOTH of his sites.

    But, FYI, there are times I dont even click over on the link because I know there is only another sentence or 2 at most over there. Just a little info for you. I do like reading this site, but I do not like stopping at almost the end to clcik on another link to read the rest of it.

  • Beef says:

    He is learning how to make more money in MMA.

    Drama, drama, drama.

  • Beef says:

    I was referring to the Spider, of course.

  • Gong says:

    Seriously you guys? It’s just one click. You’ve both put more effort into typing them comments up than just clicking the link to read the rest of his entry.

    Getting back on topic, I keep getting the feeling that White and Silva’s manager are trying to manufacture a rivalry between these two. So that by the time fight day comes, people might start caring about a main event fight between two guys who were never marketed by the UFC.

  • Kogepan says:

    WTF, its like hitting someone with a low blow and then complaining that the guy doesn’t continue.

    Except silva kicked Okami flush on the head and basically knocked him out which is probably even worse.

    I’m praying there SOMEBODY out there who can’t take out that shrieking anderson silva out. Guys getting on my nerves.

  • j. says:

    watch the fight on youtube, it’s easy to find, and it’s fuckin artestry. okami doesn’t have a chance.

  • Sergio says:

    j has it right. Silva was having his way with Okami and it would have continued until there was a legit stoppage.

    I don’t see this fight ending any other way besides Silva completely cleaning out UFC’s 185 division.

  • SteveXtreme says:

    This post is completely unrelated to this article. But I wanted to let the editors/staff know something interesting. Me and a buddy went to a TNA wrestling show last night. At the end of the night Kurt Angle got in the ring to take pictures and sign autographs. My friend got in their and started talking with him. Kurt noticed my friends Couture Affliction shirt. He then told my friend that “He had Randy in August.” My buddy got excited and asked if it would be an MMA bout. He said it would be a submission/grappling tournament. That was about the time my friend was forced out of the ring because he was holding up the line chatting with Kurt. Anyway just thought I’d share the interesting news.

  • King Mah Mah says:

    Too me anderson must go through okami just so there is no doubt in anyone’s mind. I think anderson wins by knockout or submission, but he needs that win in order to move weight class in my opinion.

  • Rich S. says:

    #8,
    either way.. it wasn’t a REAL win for Okami.. in other words.. Okami didn’t BEAT Spider.. and that’s the point Spider’s trying to get across..

    but..
    Okami’s a super tough dude.. and i know he could hange with Spider for a while..maybe even get Spider past the 2nd round for the first time in his UFC career.. but i don’t think he would win..

  • AG Silver says:

    #2::
    Rumble on the Rock 8

    You can find the video on youtube as well.

  • Zantetzuken says:

    “Well, there’s a chance I might have been wrong.”

    A chance? I think it would be an awsome fight regardless. For me the Dan Henderson fight was nothing spectacular.

LEAVE A COMMENT!

You must be logged in to post a comment.