Report: Mirko Cro Cop vs. Yoshihiro Nakao added to March 15 DREAM card

The website NOKAUT.com is reporting that Mirko Cro Cop revealed earlier today that he has been added to DREAM’s debut card on March 15 in a bout against Yoshihiro Nakao.

“A little over an hour ago I was contacted by DREAM officials,” NOKAUT quoted Cro Cop as saying on the website MMA-ID.com. “They informed me that my opponent on March 15 will be Yoshihiro Nakao from Japan. It was very important for me to fight as soon as possible and I’m happy that DREAM was able to find the opponent for me.”

• cyphron says:

It’s nice to see that CroCop is getting cans to crush again. Why won’t he just swallow his pride and drop a weight class?

• Zantetzuken says:

It just is not his style i guess, he wants to be the dominant heavy weight pwnzoris maximus.

• ctownhood says:

Maybe Nakao will try and kiss Cro Cop before the match (like he did with Herring) and CC can head kick him and earn a NC

• Derek B. says:

I just wanna see a head kick KO!

I’m hoping he sticks to his word and comes back to the UFC.

• Sam Cupitt says:

Well well, someones getting destroyed.

• Derek B. says:

that’s right. and hopefully it’s not going to be Mirko.

• matt says:

Anyone else think it’d be hilarious if Mirko was ktfo’d?

• jaydog says:

Yeah, I don’t really know which of these two is the tomato can at this point. Hopefully, CC will rebuild his old reputation. But, right now, this guy seems to be just his speed. Check Nakao’s record. He’s faced some fighters. I’ve only seen his Herring debacle, so I’m guessing that he’s an attraction due to his unpredictability. Should be interesting to see which CC shows up and which Nakao shows up.

• Zantetzuken says:

Cut Cro Cop some slack guys, he was massively kneed in the genitals 3 times by a seemingly freakishly built, in a good way (no homo), man. And well the Gonzaga fight…. bad luck i would say. Same can be said about the last Rampage Liddell fight though. He will be ready for this fight and he will dominate, without a doubt.

• Zack says:

CroCop vs Liddell at HW in June would have been the shizznit

• Ross says:

Does anyone else think Cro-cop should go back to kickboxing and get out of mma.

• ttt says:

LOL … can’t believe he’s fighting “kiss” nakao … good job on everyone for picking up on that one, i was gonna check herring’s fightfinder

• sprewellrimz says:

5 years out of competitive kickboxing and returning would be an awful idea.

• Zurich says:

Well.. what can I say? LHK KO’s sell.

• ttt says:

oh ross, yes he should go back to K-1 … they need big names desperately

• Rich says:

“I don’t really know which of these two is the tomato can at this point”

that’s ridiculous.. to even consider Mirko a “can” [after a dominant career, and being one of the top HW’s for years and years, and then losing 2 consecutive fights] is just stupid..

everyone’s acting like Mirko sucked in the UFC..
    let’s see.. he terrorized Eddie Sanchez for a few minutes before he finished him..
    he got caught by a kick from Gonzaga.. who he would probably beat if they rematched..
    and then he lost a decision to the black equivalent of himself..

and now you’re willing to consider him a “can”?

Liddell just lost to Rampage and then Jardine.. is he a “can” now too??

i don’t think so..

P.S.- “And well the Gonzaga fight…. bad luck i would say”
    that’s the perfect sum-up of that fight.. props..

• Derek B. says:

I think that Cro Cop s hould go back to Kickboxing

• MJC_123 says:

What an choke when he gets a shot at being the top contender and dominant force again?
    He did it in K1 and in the UFC and never really got his act together when it mattered (against Fedor) in Pride…..

So close, yet so far for Mirko…

Lets hope after this can he can work his way to the top and cement it this time!

• mofsteel says:

I think this makes CC look back because he was absolutely awesome before the UFC, then comes in and goes 1-2, now he’s fighting a guy who kissed herring and got KTFO before the fight. I think unless he fights fedor and performs well the UFC should not take him back.

• Zantetzuken says:

I think some of you are looking at the glass half empty when it IN FACT half full, and always will be. We are talking about Mirko F**king Cro Cop, a living legend. A LIVING LEGEND! NUFF SAID.

• jaydog says:

Hell hath no fury like a man-crush scorned. Maybe that perversion of a quote explains my sarcastic Cro Cop “can” comment. Mirko had me going to great lengths to follow his quest for the Pride belt. Now, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to be hesitant to get back on CC’s bandwagon.

• Keenan says:

terrible match why do i wanna see this fight what does it mean?

• Evan says:

“terrible match why do i wanna see this fight what does it mean?”

It means they want to be assured of Cro Cop knocking someone’s head into the 50th row. If he doesn’t win this in devastating fashion…trouble ahoy

• mike wolfe says:

Do they fight in a ring or in an octagon? CC never seemed comfortable in the octagon, and I think it got to him. If he can put some wins together in the ring, maybe it’ll help him get his head together, which seemed to be his biggest problem in UFC.