UFC 82 Video: Joe Rogan analyzes Silva vs. Henderson and comments on CBS’ deal with EliteXC

Not only does host Brian Kenney ask UFC commentator Joe Rogan about tonight’s main event, but he also asks him about the EliteXC/CBS deal as well as the possibility of Fedor vs. Randy Couture outside of the UFC. You’re going to gain even more respect for Rogan when you hear his answers.

Read more UFC 82 content on FiveOuncesOfPain.com

• CacophonyKid says:

I wonder what Dana’s thinking about this…

• Sam Caplan says:

He should be thinking, “I’m glad I’ve got an announcer working for me who not only has good UFC product knowledge, but also knows this entire sport.”

• Paul Hanna says:

dana’s prob. bitching about something, drinking some cool refreshing BUDWEISER!

how many adds for Bud, and Bud light do you think were going to see tomorow [err, today]?

• Paul Hanna says:

i would also like to add joe REALLLY knows the sport and knows it well

• Sam Caplan says:

Paul, the ad campaign won’t start until UFC 84. We still may see Mickey’s on the mat tonight.

• orlando says:

ballet of violence….hahah awesome!

• Sam Cupitt says:

That is the best description of Anderson Silva anyone can give him.

Hes a ballet of violence.

Joe Rogan is a freakin champ.

• Jeremy says:

When it comes to mma Rogan does a great job of promoting the sport for the UFC and for MMA in general. I always like it when he does interviews of any kind because you really get some good stuff from him.

• jaydog says:

I really liked how he handled the Fedor/Randy/Cuban question and the TV deal. Very classy and just the sort of statements that we need in the media to counter whatever backlash there might be about the violent sport/ballet of MMA. Now, go give yourself a shave, dude!

• Evan says:

It’s nice reading so many positive comments about Joe. I don’t understand why people hate on him.

He does an awesome job. MMA PBP is the hardest PBP job in sports…

• jaydog says:

If Joe would take the word “craaaazy” out of his vocabulary, then I would probably sing his praises more often. Even so, the guy is craaaazy knowledgeable about MMA.

• dice says:

I am with Evan. I usually can understand why some fans hate certain fighters/announcers, but I have been in the dark about why people dislike Rogan. He seems like the lone straight shooter in a company full of spinners.

His commentary is usually top notch and he has no problem calling out Goldberg when he gets ridiculous (lutter is the MJ of BJJ, lol). He seems more like a hardcore fan who if he wasn’t announcing fights would still be involved in the MMA online community.

• Rex says:

Great job by Joe Rogan, it’s good to see someone on the UFC payroll thats not a puppet.

• Jaeger says:

THIS IS EXACTLY how the UFC should be handling these situations. This is one of Rogans best performances.

• mike wolfe says:

The reason that Rogan came off so well, other than his knowledge of the sport, is his confidence as a spokesperson for UFC. When you’re associated with the premiere org., the best way to reinforce its dominance is to carry yourself with poise and confidence. You don’t and shouldn’t have to criticize other orgs, or remind everybody that UFC is at the top of the food chain. Everybody knows that already. And don’t kid yourself for a minute. I’d bet that UFC has already discussed internally how to respond to questions about EliteXC’s deal with CBS.

• Evan says:

When Rogan was on Sherdog radio a year ago (I can’t listen to that garbage anymore) he said the UFC has never told him what to say unless there was some sort of legal issue involved.

I think people pay far too much attention to what Dana says..part of his job is to be a circus barker. I never realized that until Chuck said that in his book.

• mike wolfe says:

I gotta get that book. Sounds like a good read. I’m sticking by my guns, though. Even if Rogan hasn’t been told “this is what to say,” certainly there have been discussions that set the tone for him. He and Goldberg are way to circumspect at UFC events. Notice that they don’t comment on other orgs., and rarely, if ever, comment on fighters outside UFC. If Rogan was just a fan and not a UFC commentator, he’d talk about Fedor and EliteXC and all the issues that pop up on this blog every day. There’s some editing or self-editing that goes on there.

• Evan says:

Hey something I just noticed…ESPN had a UFC logo on the title bar. I don’t think they have ever done that. I may be reading too much into it but that is very interesting.

And you could be right Mike. Very tactful strategy and makes sense.

• Cipher says:

What is the guy talking about that Rogan never talks about outside UFC fighters and ORGs. He mentions them all the time during the broadcasts?

• Matt C. says:

Well stated Rogan!

UFC pr team should have Rogan as their mouthpiece instead of DW. If you listen to the Dana White audio we just posted, White claims that the CBS/ EliteXC deal is bad for both companies. Moron. Once MMA gets popular to the masses the asking price for UFC on network TV is going to go through the roof! CBS did UFC a huge favor.

• Ryan Seacrest says:

Yeah Rogan just moved up in my book a little but I think that they should complment him in pbp with having him commentate with Bas Rutten. He say’s some stupid shit some times but is so funny.

BUDWEISER!
    The King Of Beers!!

The first ad for UFC is on 5oz of Pain.com…..LOL

Maybe they will be the sponser of 5oz? Work on It Caplan

• Gjwbqkte says:

look here, ???????, [url=”http://sterdir.blog.ziza.ru/”]???????[/url], http://sterdir.blog.ziza.ru/ ???????, uyebth,