Gono Discusses Hand Surgery

Akihiro Gono, who pulled out of his fight with Jon Fitch at UFC 82, recently had surgery to repair his injured hand. He wrote about the surgery on his blog yesterday which was translated by Suki MMA:

My operation went well and I left the hospital yesterday. I hope I recover soon. It was a 5 hours operation, cutting a part of bone in radius and transplanting it in my right hand. I have never been so tired and feeling destroyed like this time. It was extremely tough operation and I am having the worst pain ever after the operation. I almost gave up and ran away from everything. Although, I have nothing to do but fighting , so I continue to being MMA fighter.

I couldn’t sleep well because my right hand is in pain even if I take pain killer pills. I realized how hard to do everything by my left hand. I want to get married so bad now. I’m 33 years old and this is my first time to dream about getting a wife. I want someone who is attractive and respectful. I should be competitive to be chosen by my dream girl though.

Anyway, thank you for supporting me and my operation went well. After dinner, I will study English which is a part of my project to be an attractive guy.

I wonder if he meant to start a new paragraph when talking about his desire to get married. Or maybe not being able to use his right hand really is the root of his desire for a wife.

Tap to Cage Potato.

Read more Akihiro Gono content on FiveOuncesOfPain.com.

• Sergio says:

I never thought I would connect Gono and masturbation but here I am…

Anyway, I think it’s more Gono wishing he had someone to take care of him. That’s how I get when I’m sick.

• Tanner says:

that is some beautiful insight Mike.

• THORAZINE says:

YOU’D BETTER BELIEVE GONO WAS ON PAINKILLERS WHEN HE SAID THAT!!

He’s just feeling sorry for himself right now… which is totally understandable, eventually he’ll feel better, clear his head and think…
    “why the fuck did I say that?”

• Shawn says:

Holy shit that was funny. Gotta feel bad for that guy. That Gono-McCrory fight included McCrory taking a vicious shot to the balls and apparently now Gono can’t whack it correctly for the next couple of weeks. Let’s get these guys back in a cage together on PPV and have them launch frozen grapefruits at each other’s scrotal sacs over and over again to achieve a similar effect of their first encounter.

• Paul Hanna says:

i think english will make him very atractive to the lady folk

• Thomas Whigham says:

This post made me feel for him as a human, which was kind of cool. I never even knew who this guy was, now I want to get him a fuckin wife LOL.

• HexRei says:

I as well support gono’s marital aspirations. at least until his right hand heals.

• Ond says:

I think a lot was lost in translation here. The wife thing was probably supposed to be more funny than serious, but it just didnt translate too well.

The attractive part probably means that he wants to be more marketable in the US.

• hindsightufuk says:

looks like everyday is palm sunday for Gono

• Anon C says:

There’s a lot to be said for being ambidextrous, in fighting, other sports, or, er, in other pursuits. Lol, that was a funny post. I am now hoping Gono has marital and martial success as well.