UFC 81 Video: Tim Sylvia gives Nogueira his props

• Sam Cupitt says:

I don’t know what it is, but I actually found myself liking Big Tim a bit after this fight. It could be that he lost, but he just seemed for fan friendly and less of a douche.

Anyone else feel the same?

• Derek B. says:

again I have to give alot of respect to Slyvia. He came off very professional and had no excuses to why he lost the fight. He gives all the props in the world to Noguiera for his performance and I like the fact that he isn’t scared to say that he lost because of BJJ.

Again I hope to see Slyvia come back from his loss and reenter the octagon.

• josh b says:

i agree sam… i think someone sat him down and said… hey douche bag… be less of a douche bag and be humble for once douche bag… but yes, even after he lost i gave him a llittle more respect.

• Anon C says:

Definitely seemed more of a likable regular guy. The part where he and Lesnar are laughing about Mir is funny. I don’t know if Mir is really the #2 hw at bjj. Seeing Sylvia lose more does make me want to root for him a little and see him progress after correcting some of these holes. This interview also makes me wonder how Sylvia vs. Lesnar would go. I don’t think Sylvia would have a chance keeping Lesnar at a long distance.

• Rich says:

ya… it’s weird… i actually like him in this fight… his striking looked a little better… and he didn’t look as defensive..

i wouldn’t hate him as much if he didn’t just jab, jab, sprawl, jab, jab, sprawl, jab, decision all of the time..

maybe he’s working on getting more exciting … but… i guess as soon as he does he loses… sooo… he might go back to his old ways.. again…

who knows…

• Rich says:

i wouldn’t hate him as much if he didn’t just jab…jab… jab… decision… all of the time..

who knows…

• Jay K. says:

A Tim, Tim, Timmeh!! who doesn’t fence hump is a Good Timmeh!!

• mofsteel says:

i feel the same sam i think sylvia started to realize what a tool he was being and how lame a fighter he was becoming and i think he really brought it to nogieruo in this fight.

• trench says:

Just as in the Mir/Lesnar fight, I think both Nog and Sylvia benefited a great deal from their bout. Nog got to show UFC fans what he’s really capable of and Sylvia has started winning fans back again. As long as he can continue pushing to finish fights and remain humble and as agreeable as he was in that video, he’ll be on the up.

• JoeRoganIsAnAss says:

What’s with the Bostonian accent?

• Sam Caplan says:

He’s originally from Maine.

• Mikey Gilz says:

“What’s with the Bostonian accent?”

Dude, he’s the MAINE-iac

• jjdnb says:

I grew up in Maine but still hated Sylvia but after this fight, i’m starting to like him.
    Can it be? Tim is showing some personality? wow i’m impressed

• screwface says:

agreed with all, this is the first tim sylvia fight where he impressed me as a fighter..just funny he lost the fight. i honestly think sylvia could have won this fight much earlier, but i have a feeling he was looking for the highlight reel ko and the opportunity just didnt present himself. if he just kept bringin the rain instead it wouldve ended in ref stoppage.

• Adam Morgan says:

Screw-

Are you suggesting that Tim Sylvia should try to “make it rain”? Someone call Pac Man Jones in this bitch!