UFC 81 Video: Nathan Marquardt and Jeremy Horn ready to dance

I used “ready to dance” in the headline because one time I used “prepared for war” and people got bent out of shape. I just hope I don’t offend people that actually dance.

But I digress, because there’s a pretty damn big fight card this weekend. The heavyweights will have their chance to shine underneath the spotlight but there’s also a pretty interesting matchup of middleweights with Nate Marquardt fighting Jeremy Horn.

This will be a highly technical match but the question is, will it be entertaining? I hope it is, because I respect both fighters. I don’t want to see a bunch of hardcore pro wrestling fans take a big you know what on these guys.

• dice says:

Sam says
    “Horn has only had a couple of weeks to train but I’m curious what a win here would do for him? Does he fall in line for a title shot?”

Who knows, I would love to see him take on Silva, since their first fight was a classic. If horn looks impressive against Nate (for the record I think he will lose to The Great) then he should definitely be considered for a title shot.

Of course Henderson could beat silva, and a horn/hendo matchup just doesn’t seem as compelling.

• Jeremy says:

This is one of those fights as a fan you are interested in seeing. I have the utmost respect for both of these guys and think it’s a good, interesting fight. I fear though that the average fan may not find it that appealing and the booing will become loud.

• Jay K. says:

I’m offended that people actually dance.

I’d rather do tha Hustle!

//Old School Off

• bigfish042 says:

Horn commented about only having 2 weeks to prepare for the fight. He has had around 100 fights in around 10 years. That is averaging almost1 fight every month.

So I am sure Horn has taking MANY fights on less time than this one. I guess he is already making some kind of excuse for the ass whoopin he is gonna take on Saturday.

• Jiu-Jitsu Guy says:

Marquardt was a MAJOR LEAGUE cheater back in the day. More like Nate “I’m a big wimp who can’t win without roids” Marquardt. Calling himself great was pathetic.

Sports in general have become a joke. I’m proud to say I owned people in college sports (no specifics for my haters) and played on a dominant team the legit way. These guys are flat out wimps for cheating and should be called out at every opportunity.

• Evan says:

“So I am sure Horn has taking MANY fights on less time than this one. I guess he is already making some kind of excuse for the ass whoopin he is gonna ”

He said not too long ago he was going to stop fighting as much and taking more time to heal and train between fights but I guess you can’t pass up a chance to be in the big show!

• Rich says:

ya.
    jeremy horn has had 2 fights in one week on many occasions.
    i don’t think he should have any problem w/ the time he had to train.

plus, he’s always in the gym helping out the guys w/ MFS.

i REALLY hope Horn can get a win…

• Sam Cupitt says:

I’m sorry to say but Horn’s gonna get puinished. His head just doesn’t appear to be in it anymore. Does anyone else get the impression from this video that Horn is supremely UNconfident?

• Rich says:

well, i didn’t get that impression from the video.

but i DO agree that he hasn’t seemed motivated in his last few fights.

and Marquardt has all the motivation in the world right now..

so things are lookin’ bad for Jeremy Horn…

but i really do hope he wins… via sub..