UFC Fight Night Quick Results

• Nate Diaz def. Alvin Robinson – Submission (Triangle Choke) @ 3:39 of Rd. 1
  • PRELIMINARY CARD

• Kurt Pellegrino def. Alberto Crane – TKO (Strikes) @ 1:55 of Rd. 2
  • Gray Maynard def. Dennis Siver – Unanimous Decision
  • Jeremy Stephens def. Cole Miller – TKO (Strikes) @ 4:44 of Rd. 2
  • Corey Hill def. Joe Veres – TKO (Strikes) @ 0:37 of Rd. 2
  • Matt Wiman def. Justin Buchholz – Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) @ 2:56 of Rd. 1
  • Mike says:

Hey Can any of you guys answer me this question: One judge must have scored the burkman swick fight a 10-10 (likely round 3), since no points were taken. I did not know this was allowed. If it is, then why is it not used more for these close rounds? I think if judges set a decent “threshold” for awarding a 10-9 advantage, then we wouldn’t have so many lop-sided decisions, and more dominant rounds would have the chance to make an impact – it stinks when a guy really dominates one round and then gets the toss-up go against him for the other two, really close, rounds

• Adam Morgan says:

Mike,

Totally allowed. That fight was a draw. No two ways about it.

• Rich says:

you know what i thought was hilarious?
    rogan called cote ” very classy ” when as soon as the fight stopped the first thing he did was say ” FUCK YOU ” to the camera.
    ya,
    real ‘classy’!
    glad to see cory won.
    i had some pretty accurate descriptions..
    sort of..

• Wang Chung says:

personally i found the main card a borefest. i kept screaming at my tv telling each of them to pick up the pace and get more aggressive. burkman’s takedown’s need ALOT of work at this level, they were sloppy and telegraphed, and he didn’t have any answers to put swick off balance once he was low enough to shift swicks weight. lame. and swick didn’t look too hot tonite either…as i watched this fight, i kept wondering if the swick of old was really ever a reality or if he was just lucky with those quick ko’s. imagine him against st. pierre…he’d get crushed. i don’t know what to say other than i found that fight and both guys performances extremely disappointing.

• Jay K. says:

I was more impressed with the judging on the Burkman Swick fight than the actual fight! If you watched the Liddel / Silva fight you saw three idiots giving Chuck the unanimous score when in fact he deservedly won rounds one and three. I DVR’d the fights so I’ll watch the Corey Hill fight tomorrow morning before work!

Cheers Sam,

Jay K.

ps. Cote is a tool!

• Rich says:

I HATE COTE.
    even though he’s 3-0 for his last 3 fights.
    where is he ever going to get in this business.
    i could never see him being champ.
    as soon as he fights a submissionist that’s not dumb enough to stand in front of him… even thought i’m still not impressed w/ his power… he will get taken down.. controlled and sub’d… in a matter of 2 min…
    point in case: cote vs. lutter… i know we all remember that… and we all saw it coming…
    he couldn’t finish scott smith.
    he was lucky enough to have kendall grove stand in front of him… and lucky enough that grove’s chin is WEAK..
    and then..
    i don’t even know what happened w/ mcfedries…
    LUCK.

GRATZ TO NATE.

and thiago better never let that happen again!!

• Rich says:

which reminds me…
    am i the only one that thinks it’s absolutely ridiculous that terry martin is going to be fighting THE BEASTMAN eastman on the next card.

eastman has been knocked out 3 times in the ufc. . .
    it’s suprising enough that he still has a contract. . .
    i guess he’s just one of those nice guys that the ufc really wants to see succeed. . . like elvis sinosic. . .
    either way. . .
    he’s been ko’d 3 times in the ufc. . .
    WHY ACCEPT A CONTRACT AGAINST A MAN KNOWN FOR BRUTAL KO POWER!?
    unless he FINALLY plans on using that wrestling ability. . . he’s going to get ko’d b4 the 2nd minute of the fight is over.

your feelings?

• Wang Chung says:

why the retard hate on cote? shit, the dude just took a major bomb from mcfedries, ate it, then fired back and cracked him into a ball and finished it. say what you want about the guy but he just shook off a hook from probably the divisions hardest hitter and dropped him.

• RBeezy says:

man, I would’ve love to see the Gray Maynard and Corey Hill fights…Swick looked emaciated and tired.

• Ryan Seacrest says:

Hey do you think that someone could ask Kurt Pellegrino how Albert Craines shin tasted. That was an excellent way to teach kids to protect your face in a fight. I thought for sure that as soon as the ref said lets go he would of said its over. My props to Kurt and way to pull your self together and get the victory!!!

• Jiu-Jitsu Guy says:

Best fight of the night was the man, and Gracie Jiu-Jitsu practitioner Nate Diaz, submitting his opponent in the first round. To me, that was the only impressive thing of the night. Swick had awesome striking, but he did not connect. The main event was boring as hell.

If you want to see a real fighter, see Nate Diaz. That is how you finish a fight. That is talent. The bozos who pound on someone’s head with weak hammer fists (Liddell comes to mind) trying to finish a fight are complete idiots. Submission when given the opportunity is real fighting.

I know plenty of real fighters who would run over these guys. Don’t worry, an alternative to the UFC is on its way. Gracies are not even close to done with martial arts. It is only the beginning. I cannot wait because it is going to be so sick to watch the 3rd generation Gracies show what a real fight looks like.

This highlight reel stuff is a complete joke now. I found it PATHETIC that at least two boxers apologized for not producing an exciting fight. Winning is what matters. Who cares how you do it? Is Thiago Alves any less of a fighter because he could not put someone away?

I only respect people like Diaz who know real MMA. These boxers (with some take down defense) posing as true MMA guys would be destroyed by real fighters. Soon you will see.

• Derek B. says:

I agree that a great submission is more powerful than a knockout.

BUT! People want to see knockouts for some reason. I enjoy a good knockout myself, but I’d rather see an ingenious submission over a lucky knockout.

• Rich says:

agreed.
    ko’s don’t really mean anything anymore.
    because.
    you keep seeing people w/ horrible power/striking ko’ing people lately.
    i’ve said this before.
    there’s lucky ko’s.
    but there’s no such thing as a lucky sub.
    you have to work for them.
    and i’d rather watch the diaz bro’s or kenflo or thiago tavares over liddell or houston or any heavy-hitter any day!
    but don’t get me wrong.
    some of my fav. fighters are strikers.

• LikesToFightGuy! says:

O.K. fight night. I am still wondering why they let guys like Alberto Crane step into the octagon. He is a great ju-jitsu guy, but their is no way this guy ever wins. He will need to get lucky like he almost did last night or get the fight to the ground, which their is no one he could overpower in the welterweight division and get it to the ground. Also the following fighters are overrated: Nick Diaz, Frank Shamrock, Matt Serra, Roger Huerta(I like him, but let him fight B.J), Sean Sherk(and I don’t care what his record is) and Gabriel Gonzaga. WAR Thiago Silva knocking out the extremely overrated Rashad Evans!

• Sam Cupitt says:

That whole chat thing we set up pretty sweet. My computer kinda died in the opening minutes which was kinda lame. But I’m lookin forward to that happening again.

Saying Liddell and co arent real fighters is a bit loopy. Liddell chooses two aspects of Mixed martial arts which plays out very well.

However, when people say a KO is total closure I believe they are wrong. If you make a guy tap thats the other guy saying “Yeah, you win”

• Sam Cupitt says:

Oh and rock on Nate Diaz. You might sound punch drunk but your a champ.