Miletich May Have a Couple More Left

Two-time UFC champion Pat Miletich is known today as one of the best MMA trainers on the planet. However, at thirty-eight yeas of age, he doesn’t want to be considered a former fighter. In a recent interview with the Houston Chronicle, Miletich said:

“I’ve had some offers to fight,” he said. “I’m considering it. I think a rematch with Renzo Gracie would be great, or a fight with Frank Shamrock. Frank’s somebody I’d thoroughly enjoy fighting.”

Gracie was the last opponent Miletich faced in September 2006. He lost that fight via flying guillotine.

However, Miletich is very happy working with younger fighters, which takes up most of his time. If he were to take time away from that to conduct his own training, the money would have to be right.

“If I never fight again, I’m OK with that,” he said.

• Evan says:

I would love to see him figth again. Maybe Fedor will want a piece of him…:)

• Sam Cupitt says:

No I actually heard Fedor will be fighting a horde of circus midgets…

But seriously, who wouldn’t pay to see Fedor fight a grizzly bear?

• Evan says:

As long as the grizzly bear has a weird growth disease that makes the bear slower as the bear grows older then I would. Maybe the bear will just kneel there a few times offering up his long arm for Fedor to attempt a few arm bars.

• Kelvin says:

Stay Retired Pat.

• Evan says:

Somebody should put on a “Legends card” for some of these older guys who just want 1 more fight.

• Scottrese says:

I would like to see him fight GSP for the title. Maybe the UFC can do TUF 9 and have the 2 as the coaches? Militech would prolly out wrestle GSP and pound him out or out box him on the feet.

• Derek B. says:

what a great idea Evan. I’d pay to see that any day of the week.

• Evan says:

I would love to see it. I think a lot of these guys just want one more fight with a lot of focus on them. Just one more fight to shine. Give it everything they have for 3 more rounds. And when the fight is done, they get handed a nice cold one just like Cage Rage.

Perhaps have Fedor head line it with Randy for his last hurrah (not that I think it will ever happen) . It would be smart for M-1 to do this as the old timers who have contacts in the MMA media that would do a lot of talking to to hype it up. Promise everyone a cut of the PPV as a bonus.

• Derek B. says:

I think that would generate some good revenue…make the card last all day too…Make it a fight festival ya know?

• brian says:

how about he fights hughes