MMA News & Notes: Fedor and Couture to meet; UFC releases TUF 6 fighters; and MacDonald vs. Doerksen could happen at UFC 84

• Tanner says:

Why dont they lock some of the tuffers up in WEC? They may not be ready for the UFC but they could get some good experience there even though the UFC says its not a feeder league. It would help the WEC out to have more fighters that are recognizable and it competition isn’t quite as fierce, especially the welterweight division, they could pick up some good experience.

• Sam Caplan says:

Zuffa is very protective of the WEC’s image. They don’t want it to be known as a feeder organization. If they take highly recognizable fighters from TUF and assign them to the WEC right out of the gate, then the WEC comes off as a minor league.

• Evan says:

I don’t see why thats a bad thing to be honest. Just make it a clear minor league. Better than leting other orgs leech off the UFC image by signing TUF stars. I think we have all seen posters from small local shows that headline a “TUF Veteran”

• Tanner says:

Thats exactly what I was thinking Evan.

• Mike Wolfe says:

I’m a little surprised they cut Georgieff. The rest were pretty rough, but he had reasonable skills. Put him in a good training facility and he’d do alright.

• Derek B. says:

I’m glad to see Fedor and Couture are wanting to meet and talk.

That just seem very professional to me…and I like that!

• Derek B. says:

“In recent weeks, the UFC has released several fighters from the cast of the sixth season of The Ultimate Fighter in recent weeks, including Richie Hightower, John Kolosci, Dorian Price, Paul Georgieff, Dan Barrera, and Billy Miles.”

Sam, So this next season they are going to be using some of the old fighters from other seasons to participate?

I’m just confused.

• Mike Wolfe says:

With regard to Couture meeting Fedor, I predict they’ll have an interview or press conference in which they both say how much they want to put together a fight and how the fans really, really want it and gosh, the UFC shouldn’t be so difficult, etc. Court of public opinion. UFC better have a game plan that doesn’t make them/Dana look angry and stubborn.

• Sam Caplan says:

Derek where did you hear they are going to use fighters from other seasons from TUF 7?

Now you’ve got me confused too.

• Derek B. says:

haha Sam just slap me please.

I was confused I thought that TUF 6 was the new season that they were coming out with. I was wrong I had TUF 6 confused with TUF 7.

Sorry Hopefully that has cleared it up.