twitter google

WEC announces three title fights for Feb. 13; first show outside of Vegas while under Zuffa-ownership

In addition to the announcement of three fights for its next card on February 13, World Extreme Cagefighting also confirmed Tuesday afternoon that the card will be its first to be held outside of Las Vegas since its acquisition by Zuffa.

The card, to be held at the Santa Ana Star Center in Albuquerque, NM, will feature title defenses by welterweight champion Carlos Condit; lightweight champion “Razor” Rob McCullough; and bantamweight champion Chase Beebe.

Condit will be challenged by Carlo Prater in a match first reported by ProElite.com (SamCaplan.ProElite.com) several weeks ago while McCullough will take on Jamie Varner in another previously reported match.

The WEC’s announcement today also broke the news that Beebe will be defending his 135 pound crown against Miguel Torres.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE REMAINDER OF THIS ARTICLE ON SAM CAPLAN’S PROELITE.COM BLOG

3 COMMENTS
  • Captain says:

    I was already looking forward to this card but the announcement about Beebe/Torres makes it that much better. I think this card is really going to deliver.

  • Andrej says:

    135 lbs is awesome. Add the Antonio Banuelos vs Manny Tapia wich could be fight of the Night.

  • Jeremy says:

    Certainly shaping up to be a good night of fights. Besides the ones announced there is rumors of Mark Homminick fighting Josh Grispi and Hiroyuki Takaya taking on Leonard Garcia. All the WEC cards are pretty much stacked top to bottom every time they put them on.

LEAVE A COMMENT!

You must be logged in to post a comment.